Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In home daycare and Cps.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
A girl I know is thinking about opening an in home daycare. I know for a fact she had Cps called on a couple years ago for drug use while taking care of a minor and suspicious bruises. She failed 3 out of 4 of the drug tests (as well as the rest of her family) Cps gave her and had to take parenting classes plus some other stuff I forget about. The case was eventually closed after like 6-8 months.

Is she legally able to open an inhome daycare?! That terrifies me :-/
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yo_ho
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM
It will pop up when they do her background check I believe.
JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM
If it was validated, no.... if it was considered false...yes
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I don't think the drug thing would likely come up at all, unfortunately. If the abuse allegation was merited, that may show up for child abuse clearances- which she'll have to have to be legal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Seeing as how she failed the drug tests (including the scheduled one that she knew about days ahead of time) I doubt it's closed as "unfounded". And that it took 6-8 months to close.

Quoting JustBreath2013:

If it was validated, no.... if it was considered false...yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM
They were in the same case and the drug tests she failed were while she was in possession of her (then) 1.5yr old. I don't see how that would NOT be an issue....

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

I don't think the drug thing would likely come up at all, unfortunately. If the abuse allegation was merited, that may show up for child abuse clearances- which she'll have to have to be legal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I thought Cps cases couldn't pop up unless charges were brought?

Although it would make total sense that the state would check for that. I pray they do and deny her application.

Quoting yo_ho:

It will pop up when they do her background check I believe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Bump
greywitchoregon
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Im sure CPS will always remain up her butt. Some people can learn...

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM

She wants to be a licensed daycare provider? If she goes through the motions and the state or whoever does that agrees that she is suitable, then she has just as much right to do it as anyone else. These things happened years ago so I dont see why it matters now. Its all about word of mouth anyways so if the parents are doing their job she wont have many clients.

sspicoley
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM
You can report her to child care liscensing if she does open up a daycare and u have concerns.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured