Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Reg doc or urgent care?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 16 Replies
Yesterday my kidneys started hurting, today they still hurt, I have diarrhea, and have a temp of 99.0 I normally run at 97.5 or lower.

Does this sound like a kidney infection to you?

Can I wait til I can get into a regular doctor? Or do I need to go to urgent care?
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM

It doesn't really matter.  The sooner you start antibiotics, the sooner you'll feel better.

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Regular doc. Call for an appt.
summerlove3677
by ReedusSlut on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Regular doc. Doctors dont consider it a fever unless its 100.0. Drink water and call your doc
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I would wait and go in to the doc tomorrow.

blue_elephant
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM
But the fever isn't the concern...

Quoting summerlove3677:

Regular doc. Doctors dont consider it a fever unless its 100.0. Drink water and call your doc
katemckenzie
by Kate on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM

If you suspect kidney infection, go to urgent care if you can't get a same day doc appt. The faster you start antibiotics, the better. If you let a kidney infection go too long, it can damage your kidneys. 

blue_elephant
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I am allergic to rocephin (the drug they give for kidney infections, which also includes cephalexin and others) do you have any idea how they'll treat it?

Quoting ElitestJen:

It doesn't really matter.  The sooner you start antibiotics, the sooner you'll feel better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Wait for the regular doc. 

ElitestJen
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Quoting blue_elephant:

I am allergic to rocephin (the drug they give for kidney infections, which also includes cephalexin and others) do you have any idea how they'll treat it?

Quoting ElitestJen:

A kidney infection?  Probably sulfa - like bactrim.  They can also use any of the pencillin based antibiotics.  If it's severe, they'll probably do an antibiotic in the same class as cipro.

blue_elephant
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Ok I'm freakin tired but in allergic to bactrim as well as augmentin so those are a no a well :-/

Quoting ElitestJen:
Quoting blue_elephant:I am allergic to rocephin (the drug they give for kidney infections, which also includes cephalexin and others) do you have any idea how they'll treat it?

Quoting ElitestJen:It doesn't really matter.  The sooner you start antibiotics, the sooner you'll feel better.A kidney infection?  Probably sulfa - like bactrim.  They can also use any of the pencillin based antibiotics.  If it's severe, they'll probably do an antibiotic in the same class as cipro.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN