Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Yesterday my kidneys started hurting, today they still hurt, I have diarrhea, and have a temp of 99.0 I normally run at 97.5 or lower.

Does this sound like a kidney infection to you?

Can I wait til I can get into a regular doctor? Or do I need to go to urgent care?
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Replies (11-16):
ElitestJen
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Quoting blue_elephant:

Rocephin is a sulfa drug, so bactrim is also a no...and if you are allergic to sulfa drugs then penicillin is also a no no :-/

Rocephin is a cephalosporin.  I'm allergic to Sulfa and take Penicillin (amoxicillin, augmention)  drugs just fine.

Schauseil
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Urgent care. Bad kidney infections can lead to sepsis if untreated.
blue_elephant
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Yeah I meant that I am also allergic to augmentin and bactrim. Sorry I'm tired :-/

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting blue_elephant:

Rocephin is a sulfa drug, so bactrim is also a no...and if you are allergic to sulfa drugs then penicillin is also a no no :-/

Rocephin is a cephalosporin.  I'm allergic to Sulfa and take Penicillin (amoxicillin, augmention)  drugs just fine.

ElitestJen
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Quoting blue_elephant:

Yeah I meant that I am also allergic to augmentin and bactrim. Sorry I'm tired :-/

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting blue_elephant:

Ok.  Well that still leaves the "mycin" antibiotics (azithromyocin, clarithromycin) and the cipro drugs.  But yes, the selection is getting pretty narrowed down.

mom4awesomekids
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Regular doc.

blue_elephant
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Yes it is...sorry for my brain fart, I always seem to get sulfa and sporin drugs confused :-/

In my mind they are all the same! But rocephin is the worst, my skin was on fire, it itched like crazy, and turned a very pretty violet red :-/

With the augmentin and bactrim I just got hives :-/ it sucks being me sometimes

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting blue_elephant:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting blue_elephant:

Ok.  Well that still leaves the "mycin" antibiotics (azithromyocin, clarithromycin) and the cipro drugs.  But yes, the selection is getting pretty narrowed down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)