Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you tell your husband everything? would you tell him about this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Ok im going to have a vbac and signed a consent form today where it says all the risks. Im not sure I want to show him cause I think it will scare him and he would not let me do it. I know that its my body and there is really nothing he could do to stop me but in the mean while I have to live with him, and we would be constantly arguing about it. I don't know if I should show it to him or just let him be on board with it as he is now? He knows that there are risks but this does seem like its the absolute worst case scenarios. My doctor talked to me about it and assured me that if there was a problem they would know and id be getting a csec before it could cause and problems for me and baby. She said that they will watch me very close and that I don't need to worry because it is really just for liability issues.

** so I decided that i would just let him read it and if he wanted to ask questions id deal with it. He came home and I pulled out the paper he asked what it was and I told him it was the consent to vbac and if he wanted to read it. ..he said no. :/ ehh I guess I worry about stuff too much.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Replies (21-25):
LilliesValley
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I discuss everything with dh whether he wants to hear it or not, LOL, he says I sometimes over share. Oh, well, rather go that way then not share enough. If something happens to you op, who will be stuck with the out come? Your husband if you live or not. Now that may be extreme but bad shit happens sometimes. If this freaks him out then have him go to your next doctor's appointment with you and discuss his concerns with your doctor. IMO, if something really bad happened, he will have to deal with it. If something sort of bad happens, he will be helping to take care of you and baby and if nothing happens you can say I told you so.

dragongirl1012
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Yes and yes. Would you want him to lie or downplay the risk in a procedure he was having? Also, it is my body, but I would never consent to something like that without my husband and I agreeing on it. He would do the same for me.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Yup, I would tell my husband without a doubt. 

katherine50
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I tell my dh anything and everything. Some thing like this I would tell him right away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN