Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I being unreasonable?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 31 Replies

Okay, I have this aquintance I used to work with at Coach a long time ago. 

Anyways, she is going to school for cosmetology and she asked me if she could do my hair I said okay no problem. She told me she knew so i trusted her. Well she went ahead and bought the color SHE wanted on me. Okay no problem , i can compromise. I saw the color it was rather nice. The color turned out okay, it was a little bit light for my liking but I was getting used to it. I told her prior to getting my hair done by her that i was going to pay her and she said no no and i was like okay well I will pay for the dye and the hair dye plus toner ( i was getting the ombre) 

Well she went ahead and bought the biggest bucket of bleach, hair clips, the haircut cape, the toner and the hair dye and the total? 75 dollars!!!!

I am upset at the fact that she bought all of that before asking me and then charging me for it. Idk what to do. I don't want to be a bitch but I don't need all the extra stuff. We agreed on the 3 things only..

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Be honest tell her what you will pay her:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraadria
by Sara on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Pay for what you agreed on.  Tell her that's all you're paying for flat out.  I doubt that she threw away all of those things after doing your hair only.

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Quoting saraadria:

Pay for what you agreed on.  Tell her that's all you're paying for flat out.  I doubt that she threw away all of those things after doing your hair only.

I dont think she will throw it away . Her mom owns a hair salon so i am sure they would use it but what am i to do with so many extra stuff i dont need!

thanks!

saraadria
by Sara on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I mean...if she didn't buy the things for ONLY your hair, they're business expenses, not in the cost of the materials.....

Quoting sfigu16:

Quoting saraadria:

I dont think she will throw it away . Her mom owns a hair salon so i am sure they would use it but what am i to do with so many extra stuff i dont need!

thanks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:14 PM
You got a deal - I pay $120 every 6-8 weeks to get my hair "glazed". I'm not even sure what glazed means. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I would agree with this if the OP had asked her friend to do her hair for her but thats not what happened. The friend/hair dresser asked the OP if she could do her hair( I am assuming for the practice).  Because of that I agree with PP that you should only pay for what you agreed on.

Quoting Anonymous:

You got a deal - I pay $120 every 6-8 weeks to get my hair "glazed". I'm not even sure what glazed means. Lol

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM

thank you! that is my dilemma. I just wanted to help her practice and since she asked me i said yes. but i think that is unfair that she is charging me for more than we agreed on.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would agree with this if the OP had asked her friend to do her hair for her but thats not what happened. The friend/hair dresser asked the OP if she could do her hair( I am assuming for the practice).  Because of that I agree with PP that you should only pay for what you agreed on.

Quoting Anonymous:

imandia4
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM
That's why I do my own dye
sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Quoting imandia4:

i know i used to as well! less hassle.. but you know? always trying to help others! 

imandia4
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM
No doubt. I am used to that being as a way for others to use me. Kindness is usually taken as weakness when I'm kind to others.

Quoting sfigu16:

Quoting imandia4:

i know i used to as well! less hassle.. but you know? always trying to help others! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)