Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

According to CM I don't love my children.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I must not love my kids because I FF them.  Let me explain why not...

1st baby I was told that I could not because of the medicine I was on was a class D and therefore not good for baby.

2nd baby I was on different med which was safe but he was in the NIcU for a while and we never got the latching thing down and so I pumped and supplemented for 3 months till my milk went away.

3rd baby my milk never came in which was ok anyway because she would not latch.  I tried everything and had all the nurses and lactation consultants help but even they said it was not going to work.

So I am an evil person who does not love my children.  I didn't try hard enough. I wasn't educated enough. I should have bought other women's milk and fed it to my babies.  

But you know I don't really care anymore.  I used to feel guilty and hang my head in shame and scurry around the formula aisle waiting until no one was looking to go grab a canister because I was ashamed of myself.  

No more.  I hold my head up high buying formula because at least I am feeding my children.  I love my children more than myself.  How dare any one of you say otherwise. 

Who is with me!?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Replies (101-104):
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM
You do what's best (easiest) for you and I'll keep doing what's best for my babies 😊

Quoting goodmama85:

Oh spear me.thats none of no ones damn business if someone wants or doesn't want to bf.is the baby going to die? NO.all my kids were ff and guess what? they all lived *GASP* and are very healthy and are smart as mother effing whips so yea so please keep telling me such bs.YOU do what works for you and I do what works for me end of story.have a good night.

Quoting kailu1835:

If you'd like to make about what's best for any single family, well guess what. Breast milk will always be best for EVERY baby, including donated milk. It isn't really about what's best for the family, but about what mom wants, not what baby needs. And that is very selfish.

Quoting goodmama85:

Wrong o.O according to what law? ppl need to mind their own families.what's good for one isn't good for another.why not try worrying about the kids that aren't getting anything at all? see this is the prob with society today we worry too much about what others do with their kids and not about the ones who are being neglected and abused.

Quoting kailu1835:

If you can but won't you're being selfish by refusing to give your kid the best you can give them.

Quoting goodmama85:

And that's not even selfish.some ppl don't want to and that's fine and who are others to say what others should do with their kids? to each their own.

Quoting kailu1835:

Uh, no. You weren't able to breastfeed. Nobody ever bashes mothers that don't have any other option. Those deemed selfish are those who just don't even care to try to breastfeed.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I had a friend breastfeed my babies when I was in school. We are together almost every day and I trust her. I realize donated milk can be iffy, but from the right person, ie, someone you know and trust, its a different story.

Quoting goodmama85:

And btw I would never ever use donates milk that's disgusting because you don't even know where it's been and all that.ppl can tell you any damn thing even at a "milk bank".i personally just don't trust ppl like that.

Quoting kailu1835:

If you'd like to make about what's best for any single family, well guess what. Breast milk will always be best for EVERY baby, including donated milk. It isn't really about what's best for the family, but about what mom wants, not what baby needs. And that is very selfish.

Quoting goodmama85:

Wrong o.O according to what law? ppl need to mind their own families.what's good for one isn't good for another.why not try worrying about the kids that aren't getting anything at all? see this is the prob with society today we worry too much about what others do with their kids and not about the ones who are being neglected and abused.

Quoting kailu1835:

If you can but won't you're being selfish by refusing to give your kid the best you can give them.

Quoting goodmama85:

And that's not even selfish.some ppl don't want to and that's fine and who are others to say what others should do with their kids? to each their own.

Quoting kailu1835:

Uh, no. You weren't able to breastfeed. Nobody ever bashes mothers that don't have any other option. Those deemed selfish are those who just don't even care to try to breastfeed.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM
What is that? Ive tried ice packs and cabbage.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Have you tried Lily Padz or a similar item for in between feedings? They help a lot.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

meh my first wouldnt latch and when I pumped she refused to drink the breastmilk but had no issue sucking down the formula.

My second was in the NICU for a week. I pumped but never got to use it so I donated it to a mom who couldnt give her kid milk.

With my third I am having issues latching, I pump but it has began to hurt big time. So bad that it makes my back hurt. I am talking to a LC on Friday. Hopefully we can fix this issue. If not then I guess that I am going to just have to formula feed. 

(no we dont have donor banks near us, and even if we did I couldnt afford it. So unless someone is willing to pay for donor milk from a reputable source for me, dont bother suggesting it.)

TrouserMouse
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM

They are these little gel sticky pad things.  They make your boobies feel so much better. They are kind of expensive, but you can cut them down to where they just cover your nipple...like in fourths.  You don't need the full piece really.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

What is that? Ive tried ice packs and cabbage.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Have you tried Lily Padz or a similar item for in between feedings? They help a lot.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

meh my first wouldnt latch and when I pumped she refused to drink the breastmilk but had no issue sucking down the formula.

My second was in the NICU for a week. I pumped but never got to use it so I donated it to a mom who couldnt give her kid milk.

With my third I am having issues latching, I pump but it has began to hurt big time. So bad that it makes my back hurt. I am talking to a LC on Friday. Hopefully we can fix this issue. If not then I guess that I am going to just have to formula feed. 

(no we dont have donor banks near us, and even if we did I couldnt afford it. So unless someone is willing to pay for donor milk from a reputable source for me, dont bother suggesting it.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)