Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

update. Bully bus driver and my dd. edit added

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 98 Replies
1 mom liked this
update: So after a nice long talk with the superintendent, driver, and a few other students who ride the same bus as dd, we have found solution. The driver was fired on the spot. She became very pissed and started cussing. However before all that she admitted that she doesn't like dd because she talks. Um okay? All the kids do but her reason was dd has a slightly louder voice than the rest of the kids. Okay that is true we are just a louder family but when it comes down to it that is no reason to punish her. We also found out the boy is her grandson and she says dd is lying and her grandson is a angel. Yeah okay. The boy is banned from the school buses. He isn't allowed to be near the elementary building at all. He can eat breakfast but it will be by the duty teacher only.

I didn't threaten really but I said if this isnt resolved I will pull her from this school and have no problem letting the media know how the school handles such cases and I will have my lawyer filing a lawsuit. That caught his attention real fast. The only reason I did that was because at first he acted as if he didn't really care but after that he started moving into action.

I hope and pray the rest of the school year goes much smoother now.

Edit: I will be going to the bus garage along with the superintendents office tomorrow. I already spoke to someone from the school board and they will come with me. He spoke to my dd over the phone and was sickened to here how this hasn't been stopped. I let him know if it isn't I will be contacting our lawyer and also pressing charges. He said he understands but hopes we can fix this before it comes to that.

Dd says she just wants to be able to not feel as if she did something wrong. She knows she did nothing wrong but she is being treated as if she is the criminal. The school board guy also said he knows of this boy and they have had many problems with him before. He doesn't want anyone getting hurt because some people cannot do their job properly. Fingers are crossed.

Dd8 had a problem with a seventh grader last week. He asked her out she said no and then he said he was gonna beat her up. Well I went to the school and talked to them about it. They said okay and she needed to tell the bus driver. Okay no problem. That day when she got off the bus I asked if there was to be anymore problems. The driver said no then shut the doors in my face and drove off. That was Monday. Well the past two days she has made dd sit by herself. If her friends sit with her she makes them move. She allows the other mean kids sit with her. Well apparently she told dd this will teach her to keep her mouth shut.

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! I called the superintendent this morning because the boy is still bothering her. Touching her arms after she says no and stop. Sitting with her when he doesnt need to be near her. Well he never called me back then this shit today. I am gonna try to call again tomorrow. Along with me taking her to school (making me late for my school) and my dad will pick her up. This is stupid. I might just cut school tomorrow and wait on the superintendent. If this isn't fixed soon I will go to the school board. If they do nothing I will go to the media.

Dd has told this boy to leave her alone. He won't. The bus driver doesn't seem to care. Other kids that ride the bus that we know has said that the driver is always mean to some of the kids and calls them names and has other kids call them names. The kids I know are willing to say something to help dd. They even tried to pull her in the back of the bus to get her away from the crap up front. Idk my heart breaks for my dd and the other kids who have to deal with this evil woman.
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Honestly, you over reacted in the first place. There was no need to tattle unless the threat was carried out or some serious harassment was going on. 

EDIT: If you're going to quote me, don't bother. I don't care enough to even bother to respond. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:26 PM

keep her from the bus... now!!!

I'd talk to a lawyer now and force their hand..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM
7 moms liked this

so verbal abuse and threats should be dismissed because the kid hasn't acted out on them yet?

nice... brings me back to abusers who threaten their victims and the police do nothing because the act hasn't been carried out. 

a 7th grader treating a very much younger girl to be with him is serious harassment.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Honestly, you over reacted in the first place. There was no need to tattle unless the threat was carried out or some serious harassment was going on. 

annabellelee
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM
4 moms liked this

Are you kidding? A twelve year old asks an eight year old out(!) then threatens to beat her up, when she says no, and that's no big deal? If the kids were anywhere near each other in age, I would maybe, maybe encourage a 12 year old who was asked out by a 12 year old and then threatened to keep her chin up and ignore the kids so long as the behavior didn't escalate, but an 8 year old? No flipping way!

Quoting ButterMeUp:

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM

The same thing happen to my mom when she was a kid. He's a dumb ass kid saying dumb ass shit. Tattling did nothing but make it worse. She should have told her DD to be assertive and if it continued, then speak up. 

Quoting Anonymous:

so verbal abuse and threats should be dismissed because the kid hasn't acted out on them yet?

nice... brings me back to abusers who threaten their victims and the police do nothing because the act hasn't been carried out. 

a 7th grader treating a very much younger girl to be with him is serious harassment.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Depending on your state you can demand a camera be placed on the bus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Not a risk I'd be willing to take. So many kids show their true colors and often people dismiss it as "boys being dumbass boys." then when something happens, everyone is surprised and shocked that people noticed the behavior but didn't do anything about it.

Sucks that your mom went through it and no one protected her from it

Quoting ButterMeUp:

The same thing happen to my mom when she was a kid. He's a dumb ass kid saying dumb ass shit. Tattling did nothing but make it worse. She should have told her DD to be assertive and if it continued, then speak up. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd keep her off of the bus until this is resolved. Call the school and don't stop calling until someone gets a hold of you, take it as far up as you need to. Contact the bus garage and ask to speak to whoever is in charge, let them know what's going on as well. Many buses have cameras now, you can ask to pull the tapes also.

LilliesValley
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM

My ass would be on the bus tomorrow morning having a convo with the driver. Then I'd go to the superitendent still with the recording that I took with me that morning on the bus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN