Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you flush.......

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM
  • 115 Replies

Your tampons??

I was at a friends house, there were three of us including me. My friend A excused herself to the restroom. Then returned and we continued our talking. Then friend B (homeowner of the house we were hanging out at) went to the restroom. She came back out and freaked out! She said she saws tampon applicator and package in the trash but didn't see any used tampon in the trash. (I don't know if she actually searched the trash or what, but eww). Friend A said she flushed it. And B freaked about how you shouldn't flush tampons, it's bad for plumbing etc. she seriously gave us a ten minute lecture on this!!!! Got me thinking.....do you flush your used tampons or throw them in the trash??

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomTo2Boys12
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought you weren't supposed to... So no, I always wrap them in TP and throw them away.
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I flush them, as they are intended to do.

However, if you have a septic tank it's not suggested.

It all has to do with the plumbing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I never flushed them. I threw them in the trash. This is one of many reasons I'm glad I went to the diva cup.
disastermind
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I don't use them anymore but for the short period of time I did, I flushed them. I didn't realize it was bad for plumbing.

Although, one tampon isn't going to kill her plumbing. She could have let that slide.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I flush 'em and flush the flushable applicators too.  I buy the ones with flushable apps because I can flush 'em.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I flush

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I flush them. Except when I lived with my aunt who was on septic.
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Sometimes I flush them sometimes I dont.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bridge82
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I use to flush them but not anymore. Idk when the last time I have worn a tampon
kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM

both. i flush usually when im in public, and sometimes at home. however i really wrap it up with a bunch of tp if i dont flush. it really is bad for the pipes. my dad lectured me TWICE on it. was convinced i was flushing tampons. at the time i only used pads. he didnt believe me when i said i didnt flush them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)