Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the moms with lots of kids. Edit!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Not a rude post! Just curious! How many do you have? Multiples or single births? Do you have a vehicle big enough for all of them? Do they all have their own rooms? Isn't is stressful?

Edit: I'm curious to know what age y'all started having these babies :)
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
jojo_star
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Four and one on the way, all singletons, and not all biologically ours (one each from my husband and me, and then a niece and nephew, and our first together on the way). All ours though :)
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM
8 moms liked this
I have two and I feel like I'm entitled to tell you how stressful it is!!! LOL
mom22boys333
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 2 bio ds and 3 dss.....the 3 ss moved back to bio mom 2 yrs ago but each had their own room before that.....2 bios stay in room with dh and I......It used to be stressful but fun.

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 4. Two singleton births and the youngest 2 are twins. I have 2 boys and 2 girls. They twins b/g shared a room until about a year ago and the oldest two shared. The girls are now in one room and the boys in another.
We have a ford explorer which I drive and my husband has an f250. We are looking to get a minI van though
And some days its stressful other days its not
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Soon to be six. Its not stressful its a lot of fun. We are looking into getting a 12 seated van. I have two in one room and three in another. All single births.
Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I am working on baby number 4. My oldest (12boy) lives with his dad (by choice no issues) and I have a 2&5yr old dd. I have 3 bedrooms but were lookin to move when our lease is up this summer. We dont know what were having. If its a girl the bedroom is plenty big enough for 3! But if its a boy, we need to get a 4 bedroom. Not fair to make my 12yr old share a room with an infant while he is here. Our vehicle is big enough for 6. Only stress factor right now is my son being preteen and basically everything sucks! And he doesn't like doing baby stuff that my girls enjoy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 4.

All single births. We bought a van while pregnant with #4. I was against a van at first but now, I love it. All my children do have their own rooms. It's nice and makes things easier since we have so much room in this house and a nice amount of acerage. It seems to get less stressful the older they get. My youngest is 2 now and things are mellowing out, it's nice. All my fears of having 3 kids came true when I had 4, for the first year and a half it was rough. Now it's more FUN than anything. I have two girls and two boys and I'm so glad we have the family that we do. I wouldn't mind adopting/fostering more (as long as they're older kids) some day either!

*Forgot to add ages* 10yo dd, 6yo ds, 3yo ds, 2yo dd. The youngest two are 18months apart. The boys are just over 2 years apart, my 3yo has a birthday coming up.

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting TexasGirl90:

Singletons lol

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:I have four living (lost one between MDD and YDD). They were all singletons. We have a van and seats 7 (so we could fit one more child in back if we have another one but I think we are done). My 3 girls share a room and my son is still in our room. He will have his own room when he moves to his big boy bed. It's no more stressful than it was with two kids imo.

I don't get the joke... that's an actual medical term for a pregnancy that produces one baby...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
The almost 2 yr old is my sd who we have custody of and with my 9 month old we weren't trying but not preventing. This baby (I'm 18 weeks) I was on BC got a sinus infection and never thought about how it would cancel it out. My oldest is 6. So its the younger ones close in age.

Quoting TexasGirl90:

Did you want them so close or was it more like 6 weeks without sex and we went crazy?? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We are soon to have 4. Right now the Boys share a room. It matters the sex of this baby to how rooms will go. We plan on getting a bigger place so the oldest has his own. He has adhd and mood disorder so sometimes just needs his own place to calm down. We have a van the 2 youngest in the middle oldest in back. It hasn't been too bad the youngest 2 are 13 months apart and the youngest will be 15 months when this baby is born so ask how adjustments are still then lol

jakana2369
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 4 girls (15, 13, 10 and almost 9) I am also a high risk /special needs foster parnet. We can have if need be 5 extra kiddos. My van died so we just have a car (one reason why no fosters right now) I love every minute. All girls crazy all the time but good crazy. As of now 2 oldest have own room and the younger two share (there choice love sharing a room)

We have a five bedrooms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN