Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the moms with lots of kids. Edit!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Not a rude post! Just curious! How many do you have? Multiples or single births? Do you have a vehicle big enough for all of them? Do they all have their own rooms? Isn't is stressful?

Edit: I'm curious to know what age y'all started having these babies :)
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

7 of mine own but only 2 still are living at home PLUS 4 grandkids. No twins unless you are counting Irish Twins. Yes I an SUV that seats 8.My 16 year old DD has her own room, the 4 & 6 year old girls have their own room, The boys (6 & 10) have their own room and  the baby has her own room...even though she is sleeping with the youngest girls now. I have 2 other rooms that can be converted into bedrooms at a later date if needed,.

Stressful you ask.................HELL YES At times BUT I wouldn't have it any other way

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Combined families can be a lot of fun! Do you have plenty of room?

Quoting jojo_star:

Four and one on the way, all singletons, and not all biologically ours (one each from my husband and me, and then a niece and nephew, and our first together on the way). All ours though :)

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I think it's nice that the older boy won't have to share. At that age he needs space

Quoting Karopie_99:

I am working on baby number 4. My oldest (12boy) lives with his dad (by choice no issues) and I have a 2&5yr old dd. I have 3 bedrooms but were lookin to move when our lease is up this summer. We dont know what were having. If its a girl the bedroom is plenty big enough for 3! But if its a boy, we need to get a 4 bedroom. Not fair to make my 12yr old share a room with an infant while he is here. Our vehicle is big enough for 6. Only stress factor right now is my son being preteen and basically everything sucks! And he doesn't like doing baby stuff that my girls enjoy

jojo_star
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, we have a nice, roomy house with a big yard. When we bought it we planned on having a big family. Just not this way, but I wouldn't change a thing :)

Quoting TexasGirl90:

Combined families can be a lot of fun! Do you have plenty of room?

Quoting jojo_star:

Four and one on the way, all singletons, and not all biologically ours (one each from my husband and me, and then a niece and nephew, and our first together on the way). All ours though :)

Yurixsi
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
5 singles. Yes we have a van. Only 2 share a room they wanted to. It is stressfull sometimes but im happy
TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I have an aunt that fosters and she says its very rewarding

Quoting Anonymous:

I have 4.

All single births. We bought a van while pregnant with #4. I was against a van at first but now, I love it. All my children do have their own rooms. It's nice and makes things easier since we have so much room in this house and a nice amount of acerage. It seems to get less stressful the older they get. My youngest is 2 now and things are mellowing out, it's nice. All my fears of having 3 kids came true when I had 4, for the first year and a half it was rough. Now it's more FUN than anything. I have two girls and two boys and I'm so glad we have the family that we do. I wouldn't mind adopting/fostering more (as long as they're older kids) some day either!

*Forgot to add ages* 10yo dd, 6yo ds, 3yo ds, 2yo dd. The youngest two are 18months apart. The boys are just over 2 years apart, my 3yo has a birthday coming up.

Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
If he was younger, I'd have them share. But a 12 yr difference is a lot and well he is a preteen so privacy is a must these days he's not here all the time and said if its a boy take his room so we don't have to move. Which I did consider since we love our home. But I feel bad taking away HIS room and having him crash on the couch when he's here.

Quoting TexasGirl90:

I think it's nice that the older boy won't have to share. At that age he needs space

Quoting Karopie_99:

I am working on baby number 4. My oldest (12boy) lives with his dad (by choice no issues) and I have a 2&5yr old dd. I have 3 bedrooms but were lookin to move when our lease is up this summer. We dont know what were having. If its a girl the bedroom is plenty big enough for 3! But if its a boy, we need to get a 4 bedroom. Not fair to make my 12yr old share a room with an infant while he is here. Our vehicle is big enough for 6. Only stress factor right now is my son being preteen and basically everything sucks! And he doesn't like doing baby stuff that my girls enjoy

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Well I didn't make a joke, so there's no punch line.. But I've never heard a doctor, or anyone until this post, refer to one baby as a singleton. I found it amusing

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

Quoting TexasGirl90:

Singletons lol

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:I have four living (lost one between MDD and YDD). They were all singletons. We have a van and seats 7 (so we could fit one more child in back if we have another one but I think we are done). My 3 girls share a room and my son is still in our room. He will have his own room when he moves to his big boy bed. It's no more stressful than it was with two kids imo.

I don't get the joke... that's an actual medical term for a pregnancy that produces one baby...

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I see. Well congrats on your sinus infection ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

The almost 2 yr old is my sd who we have custody of and with my 9 month old we weren't trying but not preventing. This baby (I'm 18 weeks) I was on BC got a sinus infection and never thought about how it would cancel it out. My oldest is 6. So its the younger ones close in age.

Quoting TexasGirl90:

Did you want them so close or was it more like 6 weeks without sex and we went crazy?? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We are soon to have 4. Right now the Boys share a room. It matters the sex of this baby to how rooms will go. We plan on getting a bigger place so the oldest has his own. He has adhd and mood disorder so sometimes just needs his own place to calm down. We have a van the 2 youngest in the middle oldest in back. It hasn't been too bad the youngest 2 are 13 months apart and the youngest will be 15 months when this baby is born so ask how adjustments are still then lol

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
My aunt fosters special needs children. Most are children that are old enough to remember being taken from their homes or given up by moms. It's hard, but she loves it. Some are babies that were born with addictions.

Quoting jakana2369:

I have 4 girls (15, 13, 10 and almost 9) I am also a high risk /special needs foster parnet. We can have if need be 5 extra kiddos. My van died so we just have a car (one reason why no fosters right now) I love every minute. All girls crazy all the time but good crazy. As of now 2 oldest have own room and the younger two share (there choice love sharing a room)

We have a five bedrooms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)