Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the moms with lots of kids. Edit!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Not a rude post! Just curious! How many do you have? Multiples or single births? Do you have a vehicle big enough for all of them? Do they all have their own rooms? Isn't is stressful?

Edit: I'm curious to know what age y'all started having these babies :)
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (391-400):
mrsrusso416
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I have 3 children. My 1st one was born when I was 17. My 2nd was born when I was 18. My 3rd and final child was born when I was 23.

My oldest 2 was tough being a teen mom with 2 little ones but now that they are 11, and 10 it is so much easier.

We have 2 cars now. A 9 passenger and a 5 passenger. Depends on where we are going depends on which car we take.

5momma
by Member on Jun. 11, 2017 at 1:12 AM
5. One is in heaven, so 4 will fit into the van. The boys share a room right now, but we will be moving soon so all will have their own room.
I am the youngest of 7 children.
Little.monkey8
by on Jun. 11, 2017 at 1:45 AM
I have 8 but only gave birth to 4.

My bio kids are ds11,ds9,dd6, and ds4.
My adopted kids are ds14,ds13,dd12, and dd11.

I do not own a vehicle, if I need to haul all my kids I borrow my ex-husbands 15 passenger van.

My ds14, ds13, and ds11 share a room. Ds9 and ds4 share a room. dd12, dd11, and dd6 all have their own rooms.
Simplemamma4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2017 at 2:00 AM
I have four 9,8 and twin 5 year olds. The older two are girls and share a room. My twin boys share a room. We have converted half the garage for a play/art room though. It's stressful when my husband is out of town for work and they have conflicting activities, but we always make it work. But they all get along and play well together. I was 25 when I had my oldest.
kiwiskiwi29
by on Jun. 11, 2017 at 2:11 AM
Four single births here. Yes,our vehicle is big enough. They all have their own rooms except for the baby. She sleeps in our room but will share a room with her sister soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Jun. 11, 2017 at 2:12 AM
I'm a newborn nursery RN and Blooming Lotus is right, it is a medical term used for the birth of one baby.

Quoting TexasGirl90: Well I didn't make a joke, so there's no punch line.. But I've never heard a doctor, or anyone until this post, refer to one baby as a singleton. I found it amusing

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:
Quoting TexasGirl90:Singletons lol

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:I have four living (lost one between MDD and YDD). They were all singletons. We have a van and seats 7 (so we could fit one more child in back if we have another one but I think we are done). My 3 girls share a room and my son is still in our room. He will have his own room when he moves to his big boy bed. It's no more stressful than it was with two kids imo.

I don't get the joke... that's an actual medical term for a pregnancy that produces one baby...
mammakittykat
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2017 at 2:26 AM
I have 4 too. I have 2 singles and 1 set of twins. My twins share a room. My older 2 have their own. And yes we have a vehicle big enough.

Quoting TexasGirl90: Lol yep go right ahead :)
Quoting Motherof3inNJ:

Would you consider 4 a lot? I don't want to answer if I don't have enough lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Jun. 11, 2017 at 2:44 AM
Who fucking bumped this very old post!!?? Was it a B thing? Her lies are on the first page.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Jun. 11, 2017 at 2:53 AM
Ill have 3 come january plus partial custody of my little brother. Kids are 5 and 2,i was 17 and 20 when i had them. Lil bro is 11. Right now we can only fit our 2&lil bro but will be buying a new vehicle in December. Were in a 2 bedroom apartment till nov 2018.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 50 on Jun. 11, 2017 at 3:01 AM

I have 5. Two daughters, ages 11 and 9. Twin sons, age 6 and a 1 year old son. I was 20 when I had my first. We got a cheap minivan when the twins were born, and I still have my car and DH has his truck. Right now the baby still sleeps in our room, my twins share a room, and the girls have their own rooms. We have a storage room that we're going to fix up this Summer and transform into a room for one of the twins and an attic we never use that my oldest said she wants to make into her room so her room will become the baby's room once we fix up the attic enough for my oldest to move into. We're still a good 3 to 4 years away from being able to get a bigger place so we're making our current house work.

It can certainly be stressful, but DH and I both come from big families so it's nothing we're not use to. I'm the oldest of 7 kids, my DH is the third born of 8 kids.    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)