Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the moms with lots of kids. Edit!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Not a rude post! Just curious! How many do you have? Multiples or single births? Do you have a vehicle big enough for all of them? Do they all have their own rooms? Isn't is stressful?

Edit: I'm curious to know what age y'all started having these babies :)
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
LoveMyKBabies
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 4. All singles. Our Durango is big enough. The 2 boys share a room & the 2 girls share a room. It can be stressful sometimes.

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Whats an Irish twin?

Quoting Sassy762:

7 of mine own but only 2 still are living at home PLUS 4 grandkids. No twins unless you are counting Irish Twins. Yes I an SUV that seats 8.My 16 year old DD has her own room, the 4 & 6 year old girls have their own room, The boys (6 & 10) have their own room and  the baby has her own room...even though she is sleeping with the youngest girls now. I have 2 other rooms that can be converted into bedrooms at a later date if needed,.

Stressful you ask.................HELL YES At times BUT I wouldn't have it any other way

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My question is how can you afford all of these kids?
TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I understand! It's very nice of him to offer though!

Quoting Karopie_99:

If he was younger, I'd have them share. But a 12 yr difference is a lot and well he is a preteen so privacy is a must these days he's not here all the time and said if its a boy take his room so we don't have to move. Which I did consider since we love our home. But I feel bad taking away HIS room and having him crash on the couch when he's here.

Quoting TexasGirl90:

I think it's nice that the older boy won't have to share. At that age he needs space

Quoting Karopie_99:

I am working on baby number 4. My oldest (12boy) lives with his dad (by choice no issues) and I have a 2&5yr old dd. I have 3 bedrooms but were lookin to move when our lease is up this summer. We dont know what were having. If its a girl the bedroom is plenty big enough for 3! But if its a boy, we need to get a 4 bedroom. Not fair to make my 12yr old share a room with an infant while he is here. Our vehicle is big enough for 6. Only stress factor right now is my son being preteen and basically everything sucks! And he doesn't like doing baby stuff that my girls enjoy

jazzieel1
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

We have 5. But they are 20 on Saturday, 18, 15 1/2, 9 1/2, 1. They all have their own room but the youngest. She shares with us for now. Most the time stressful, no. Because of ages we seldom go away all together. If we do it is usually in walking distance. Our 18 yr. old is trying to get a job thou so he can get his license. Our 15 1/2 yr. old will be doing the same in a few mths.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

When 2 children from single births are born within the same year

My first DD  was born in April and the following February my second DD was born

Quoting TexasGirl90:

Whats an Irish twin?

Quoting Sassy762:

7 of mine own but only 2 still are living at home PLUS 4 grandkids. No twins unless you are counting Irish Twins. Yes I an SUV that seats 8.My 16 year old DD has her own room, the 4 & 6 year old girls have their own room, The boys (6 & 10) have their own room and  the baby has her own room...even though she is sleeping with the youngest girls now. I have 2 other rooms that can be converted into bedrooms at a later date if needed,.

Stressful you ask.................HELL YES At times BUT I wouldn't have it any other way

redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
We have 4. I drive a 4 door pickup. No the don't have their own rooms. It can be stressful but I love every minute of our crazy, big family. I love some moments more than others lol ;)
TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Did you plan the 1 year old? I'm only curious because I know a lot of people don't want to "start over" once their kiddos get older.

Quoting jazzieel1:

We have 5. But they are 20 on Saturday, 18, 15 1/2, 9 1/2, 1. They all have their own room but the youngest. She shares with us for now. Most the time stressful, no. Because of ages we seldom go away all together. If we do it is usually in walking distance. Our 18 yr. old is trying to get a job thou so he can get his license. Our 15 1/2 yr. old will be doing the same in a few mths.

TexasGirl90
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh ok thanks :)

Quoting Sassy762:

When 2 children from single births are born within the same year

My first DD  was born in April and the following February my second DD was born

Quoting TexasGirl90:

Whats an Irish twin?

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 4 kids, all single births ranging in age from 1 to 13.  Yes, I do have a vehicle big enough for all of them.  It's a minivan that seats 7.  No, they don't have all their own rooms; I have 2 kids in each room.  We have a 3 bed. house.  The older ones have the downstairs to themselves, though.  The little kids and I share the upstairs, and we all share the main level.  Is it stressful? Yes, at times, and can get very expensive, but we do what we can and I love them all very much.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)