Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any idea to get my kid to sleep

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My son won't sleep he's got school tommarow I'm really having a hard time he refuses to sleep in his room any idea to break him from this
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Replies (11-17):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I get up at 4 a.m make breakfast, get kids up at 5 a.m, dressed at 5:30 a.m. And bus comes at 6 a.m. To me it's to freaking early. And with the fact by the time my youngest get's in bed then I get chores down I finally go to sleep at 2 a.m. Thankfully I can get a 3 to 4 hour nap after they leave lol.
Quoting Anonymous:

I know hate it when we are all tired and all got to get up early

Quoting Anonymous:

Join the boat my 5 yr old is screaming at me. We all have ear plugs in. hehe I have my ipod on at full mast. It's gotten ridiculous and we all are freaking tired. So tonight is phase 3; ignore him with a passion.

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I don't know. My kids have just always been on a bedtime schedule. The general rule here is. If you don't go to sleep, you are to at least stay in your room. They can read a book or play with small toys. Otherwise its just well, then you'll just go to school tired. That its no excuse and whatnot. Sorry, not much input otherwise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Bed on the floor?

Quoting Anonymous:

He's 5 he wants to sleep in my room we have bed on the floor for him

MamaSwan001
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Tomorrow get rid of the bed on the floor in your bed room and put him in his bed at bed time and if he cries leave him if he gets out put him back he will eventually tire and get used to the rutien but do bath book and bed also maybe try introducing a special night light blanket or toy that he can come attached to, it should help him cope easier

Quoting Anonymous:

zacmacsmomm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Wow wish I had some advice.  Never had that issue.  The rare times that my kids didn't want to go to sleep was a "too bad so sad" moment for them.  I was the sleep nazi lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Twin size mattress on the floor

Quoting Anonymous:

Bed on the floor?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Don't feel bad for him! He is a big boy! Put him in his room and leave. Give him a favorite stuffed animal to sleep with or put on soft music that he likes.... But don' t let him manipulate you into letting him sleep elsewhere. You run your house. 

My Mom let me sleep with her as a kid because I would wake up crying ... and it was so bad that I would get really upset if Ihad to sleep in my own room all the way up until age 13.... Is that what you want? My Mom really messed up there becuase I developed some extreme separation anxiety...

The rule in my house... the only way the kids are allowed  to sleep with me is when they are sick...They are age 3 and age 18 months and I have no problems because they know it ain't happening... Letting your kids sleep in your bedroom takes away from your intamacy with your spouse as well... If he cries when you put him down & it makes you feel bad, put in some ear buds and listen to music until he calms down. He will get tired & it may last a couple nights, but he will realize that this isn't a battle worth fighting and before you know it, he won't give you any problems. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)