Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh told 6yr old dd " 9 outta 10 times cops are bad and you'll get into trouble" "they choose who they want to make go to jail"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
WTF is wrong w him?!! Just cause he's an a**hole and he doesn't like cops cause he always gets into trouble doesn't mean he needs to have our daughters afraid of police.. I told him they are afraid and he says good, they should be! He told them every time he's dealt w cops it's been bad... It's because he automatically is disrespectful to them, he can't keep his mouth shut... Both my parents are in law enforcement, is that why I can talk to them without a problem?? Or is it because I am not doing anything wrong and he always is?

Do you think it's right what he's doing? Teaching them "reality" or is it wrong? (The other dd is 4)
Also when is a good age to explain "reality"?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I don't think that is right at all! Yes, there are some bad cops, but to make kids be scared of all cops is not right. I knew one mom who always threatened her son that she would call the cops on him if he didn't behave. He was terrified of cops.

loveutiltheend
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with him
Kylie819
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM
5 moms liked this
Your DH sounds like a loser.
4Poodle
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Why is he still your husband?
bandzbandzbandz
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with him. Fuck the police.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM
4 moms liked this

He has a point. I mean, he's over doing it but he isn't completely wrong either. Not all police officers are knights in shining armor, sometimes they're douche bags with a superiority complex.

TCain0001
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM

He's an ass!  You need to explain to your daughters that the only reason that dad thinks that is because he's always being a "bad boy" around them and getting himself into trouble.  Then explain that yes, you do occassionally get a bad cop, which is rare,  but for the most part, they are good, and are there to help you when you need it.

pookiward
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I agree with your dh. Sorry, but i've had alot of bad experiences with the police. The ones in my town are very corrupt.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
He's an ass.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:17 PM
3 moms liked this

The "reality" is that mouthing off to a cop, whether you are doing anything wrong or not, is ALWAYS stupid.  Always.  Your husband is an idiot.

I have always told my kids - be polite, be respectful no matter WHAT they say, or how they may goad or belittle you.  Take it up with the judge later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)