Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I leave the house twice a month

Posted by   + Show Post

am I alone in this?

What about other sahm's?

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Replies (31-40):
rayroe2
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Lol I am with you. I have no transportation or place to even go. I am lame. I sit in the dark listen to music.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I leave my house more times in a day than you do in 2 months. I would kill someone if I stayed in that much.
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I have a 15 month old and am 35 weeks pregnant, I try to leave my house 5-6 days a week. It's hard but I try.
SageAdvice
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM
5 moms liked this

Not only are you isolating yourself, but you're isolating your child, he needs social interaction with others, especially children his age so he can learn to deal with different personalities young and learn how to act in public without fear. Help him build a circle of friends and please expand his world if not yours.

Quoting i_am_no_1:

We have a playground in the backyard, so he gets plenty of outside time.

Quoting zeenah:

I leave every day. Dd would kill me lol. She literally wakes up saying outside outside. Lol

jazzieel1
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I leave everyday unless real bad weather. I go for walks and jog.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM
My go 5 days a week and they leave when dh leaves for work and are out of school before he gets home.

Quoting i_am_no_1:

my dh takes my son to school the 2 days a week he goes.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would but my dh makes me leave plus I have 3 kids in school. I jave to take them and pick them up

rayroe2
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I really want job

Quoting i_am_no_1:

I go shopping the two days after dh gets paid.

Quoting Anonymous:

I leave my house 4-7 days a week. I'd go crazy leaving the house once every 14 days. No thanks.

i_am_no_1
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM

My son is only 3 and autistic.

I don't do the banking or anything t do with the car.

I have no friends and don't do my hair or anything, I am a tomboy

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I leave every day, more often when the kids were still at home and not driving.  I'm a sahm (or stay at home wife now I guess).

I go to the gym, do the shopping, the banking (if needed in person), take the cars in for service, take in and pick up dry cleaning, really whatever needs to be done.  When the kids were younger it was several trips a day to dance (3 girls that danced competitively), girl scouts (I ran all 3 troops, plus was part of adult leadership).

I also meet friends for lunch, get my nails and hair done (hair every 6 weeks, nails every 2 weeks).

Honestly, I'm rarely home.

daisybaby91
by lipstick on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I dont get out much lol.
But my baby is only 3 weeks old
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I go grocery shopping once a week. I take my kid to the pool once a week. I go to the library once a week. I usually go shopping at Target/Wal-Mart once a week. I take them to the park once a week or so. Then besides my usual stuff I usually take them on a fun random outing like the zoo, aquarium, bounce house place, kids coffee shop once every couple weeks.
Quoting i_am_no_1:

I just don't know why I would.  I do go for walks around our neighborhood with my son and dh some days.

Quoting JakobLukasMom:

It is harder to get out when the kids are small, but even then I got out 4-5 days a week if only for a walk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN