Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I thought being nice and civil with my ex would be fine....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
backstory. my ex was the first guy I ever dated we dated off and on between my age of 15-17... he turned into a druggie.. that is why he is an ex. so apparently he is going to NA now... its been 6yrs since we ended it. he's been msging me asking how things are ... being nice... (he only does this if he wants something usually) at first I ignored him... then I told my mom and she suggested I just be nice a say hi back. (over a yr ago he was he was diagnised with a brain tumor. apparently its in remission right now)
I have an SO. and a son and one on the way with my SO... SO knows my ex is contacting me....

well anyway. I guess being nice and asking him how things are going gave him the impression I'm interested... he asked me to hang out. so I said well only if _______ (my SO) can come with. I assumed that would give him the hint to back off. he knows my SOs name. so I thought. he anwsers "sure. we can even go to the park for the little guy" ugh really... this is what happens when I'm nice to him.... so i told him "no. ______ is my boyfriend. not my son" hopefully he gets it now. or I guess I have to block him
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TemptingFate
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Why even talk to him if you don't have kids together? That's just asking for trouble. He probably did think you were single and interested.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:52 AM
he knows I have a boyfriend and a kid... he's talked to SO (where SO use to work) he's talked to my mom and dad. so he knows I'm not single or I interest.... how does repling "hi"... "how are you?" after he sent me a hi a few days prior say I'm interested In you?

Quoting TemptingFate:

Why even talk to him if you don't have kids together? That's just asking for trouble. He probably did think you were single and interested.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I was just being nice by saying hi back. because I was told he was going to die.

Quoting TemptingFate:

TemptingFate
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Because you talked to him. It's really that simple. He probably thinks he has a shot with you, that you're "unhappy"or whatever delusions he has regarding you. My friend has the same problem with an ex of hers. He knows she's married but if she responds to him at all, even to say hi, he thinks he has a chance simply because she's talking to him again.

Quoting Anonymous:

he knows I have a boyfriend and a kid... he's talked to SO (where SO use to work) he's talked to my mom and dad. so he knows I'm not single or I interest.... how does repling "hi"... "how are you?" after he sent me a hi a few days prior say I'm interested In you?

Quoting TemptingFate:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:58 AM
I knew it was a bad idea. and I knew this would happen... but my mom convinced me just be nice and say hi...

Quoting TemptingFate:

Because you talked to him. It's really that simple. He probably thinks he has a shot with you, that you're "unhappy"or whatever delusions he has regarding you. My friend has the same problem with an ex of hers. He knows she's married but if she responds to him at all, even to say hi, he thinks he has a chance simply because she's talking to him again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TemptingFate:

TemptingFate
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:05 AM
well, I'll give you the same advice I gave her, although she ignored me and ended up needing a restraining order and had to move across the country: Make sure he knows, be very firm with him, but make sure he knows you are in a relationship and you are not interested. Do not put yourself in a situation where you or you and your kid are alone with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

I knew it was a bad idea. and I knew this would happen... but my mom convinced me just be nice and say hi...

Quoting TemptingFate:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TemptingFate:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:10 AM
wrll the last thing I sent hin was _____ is my boyfriend not my son.... and I just blocked him.... he doesn't know where i live or my cell number thank fully

Quoting TemptingFate:

well, I'll give you the same advice I gave her, although she ignored me and ended up needing a restraining order and had to move across the country: Make sure he knows, be very firm with him, but make sure he knows you are in a relationship and you are not interested. Do not put yourself in a situation where you or you and your kid are alone with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TemptingFate:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TemptingFate:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN