Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

These people just need to jump off a bridge...

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:51 AM
  • 69 Replies
Telemarketers. And no, not the ones that want you to switch to ADT or whatever. I mean the scam ones.

I have had one calling my phone for about two weeks now that wants me to basically log them into my computer for updates or something. I am not stupid. and I'd like to share what I said to them.

Call #1 I answered. Fast talking guy trying to get me to connect him into my computer.

Me - I work on computers. I do all this myself. He still kept on, I ended up just hanging up on him.

Call #2 - lady trying to do the same thing.

Me - "Yo no hablo Engels."

Her: oh you speak Spanish.

Me: "no intenendes." (I can say, just not spell it lol).

Her: okay thank you.

Call #3 - (same number as first two btw)

Me: Crisis hotline, this is Mary, how are you today?

Different fast talking lady talking about the computer again.

Me: mam, this is a Crisis line, we don't have computers. Just phones.

Her: still trying to get me to connect my computer.

Me: oh just jump off a bridge will you?

What have you said to these type of callers lately?
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Register your telephone numbers (all) with your States Do Not Call list.  After 30 days If they continue to call  you then report them to the state and they will get huge fines

Shadowgirl113
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:57 AM
I am on the do not call lists. It doesn't even show up as a full phone number, it's fake 8 digit numbers that pop up. So I can't call and report them even. Annoying.
imandia4
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I had a call saying I have been approved of a loan. He said I need to send a percentage of the loan so they can loan me money. I said if I needed a loan obviously I need money. He insisted so I said "How about this,I will make some cheeseburgers. I will send you four and charge for only two." He was quiet for a minute as if he was thinking about it. He finally said no. I was convincing him they are the best cheeseburgers in the world and he wouldn't be disappointed. Then proceeded to ask for his address. Finally he said no. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I simply don't answer if I don't know the number.

My ex would answer the phone with

"Fred's Morgue, you kill 'em. We chill 'em."

My cousin had a slightly different line

"George's Morgue. You stab 'em, we slab 'em."

I did once answer the phone with the words "Somebody had better be dead!" In my deffense, it was 1:00 in the morning

csxt99
by Jennifer on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Hand the phone to a kid and tell them it's Santa.  My kids are too old for this trick and if they won't take the polite no, then they get a don't call this fucking number again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Buy a whistle.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I had one call once. I said, "hey, can you hold on a minute, I'm trying to get this body out of my trunk--" *CLICK*

Haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:16 AM
That doesn't work for scam telemarketers. They change their numbers to fast.

Quoting Sassy762:

Register your telephone numbers (all) with your States Do Not Call list.  After 30 days If they continue to call  you then report them to the state and they will get huge fines

mattiehatter
by Mary on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Give the phone to your kid and tell them it's Santa.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:23 AM
That reminds me, I got a call from a San Diego area number, it was a reminder for an appointment. Ariana, you have an appointment on the 30th. Don't remember the place or time, sorry I'm a bad messenger.

Of course, it's a recorded message and they call five minutes after their office closes, so I can't do anything until tomorrow to let them know they have the wrong number.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)