Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O did your parents stay together for the kids

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:32 AM
  • 40 Replies
And if they did are you glad they did or do you wish they had gone ahead and divorced?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barneysaid
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Nope. Mine divorced. It was better like that..
want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this

my parents were happy til my dad died. my hubby left me. (dick) met a new fella that left his wife for me. now all our kids get to see real love every day. never stay for the kids don't make them see bad relationships, or they'll have th em, themselves.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:36 AM

No, My Mum always said never stay for the kids...............my parents are still together, pushing 40 years..............

twade26
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Mine divorced an I'm glad they did.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:39 AM

Nope. My mother didn't believe in it because that's what her parents did until she turned 14. 

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:41 AM
My dad did at first and it was obvious they were miserable, though I'm sure they still think they hid it well, especially my dad. They divorced eventually and my dad was a lot nicer to us. My mom went into a downward spiral though.
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:44 AM
They tried to. Made it til i was 13/14 I was the oldest of 5. I wish they divorced sooner. Them being together was awful.
crescentwolf
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Mom left dad with me when she was 17 when I was a year old.  Dad wasn't given any custody or visitation of me because the judge deemed dad to be a 'threat' to me phyiscally and emotionally.  Apparently they have different court papers. I've only seen mom's but according to dad and mom's papers the judge never did a home study for dad.  I was born a preemie so dad wasn't even allowed supervised visits with me.  I ended up enduring neglect from mom because she didn't want me but the judge had already made up his mind as to giving mom custody of me even though mom couldn't support me. We moved back to ME from PA.  I think it's bad for parents to stay together for the kids because the kids will pick up on the fact that their parents hate each other and that will affect the children.  I wish I had gotten to stay with dad or been put in foster care because I endured abuse at the hands of the men in mom's life because they didn't want me around either.

want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:47 AM

in a normal world, no it wouldn't make sense and certainly not something i would suggest to anyone. usually, it doesn't work.  however, we've now been together for 10 yrs and we're as happy as the day we met, or.... actually, happier. every day we love each other more, and take more joy out of our children. it isn't usual, no, but sometimes it does happen. and in any event, it's always best for the kids involved, to see parents in love and not fightin or hating each other. and any man that abuses his wife is a DICK. period. unless and until you walk in my shoes, don't judge. and notice, i am NOT anonymous. i am not scared to be me. why are YOU hiding behind the anonymous ruse? hmmmmmmmmm?

Quoting Anonymous:

wow, thats ironic! Your husband left you, you call him a dick, then you turn around and marry someone who did the same thing as him, left his wife..............lol okkkkk makes a lot of sense.

Quoting want10more:

my parents were happy til my dad died. my hubby left me. (dick) met a new fella that left his wife for me. now all our kids get to see real love every day. never stay for the kids don't make them see bad relationships, or they'll have th em, themselves.

3boys1girl32
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:47 AM
We were happy when our parents got a divorce.They however are married again
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)