Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you deal with this? **UPDATE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Ds is 22 months, And he's starting to drive me CARZY!

He doesn't listen, acts like i'm talking to some one else, but that's not the issue, the main issue is him jumping on our bed, I tell him to stop, he just carries on like I'd not even said anything, So I tell him to stop, He carries on, "DS sit down" nope, carries on jumping "will you SIT DOWN"

He literally waits until i'm shouting before he takes notice, im tird of it, I don't want to be a shouting mom, but really? He is driving me crazy!

Update

by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Well, today, he got a tap on the butt, stopped him instantly,

I may have risked looking like I don't know what I'm doing, maybe I don't but what parent goes into parenthood knowing what to do? I grew up in a home where my mother would hit us with belts, chase us around the dining room table yelling she was going to kill us, would drag us up the stairs by our hair. So, as an adult now, even i'm finding the boundaries on how to discipline my own child. I don't want to go too far, and really, I wouldn't usually spank for not listening, but, as I have found out today, it works for him, and I don't feel like I'm going too far

So for the people that judge, thinking that everyone knows how to discipline, well, no,they don't, I am literally learning as I go, I aim to bring up a well educated young man, so thank you to this poster and the other replies that didn't judge and actually lended help ful advice.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Ask him once, then physically stop him if he doesn't listen..followed by whatever punishment you use.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:28 AM

He does this 99% of the time when I'm busy, by the time I get to go and stop him he runs off! So frustrating

Quoting Anonymous:

Ask him once, then physically stop him if he doesn't listen..followed by whatever punishment you use.

Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:28 AM
Spank his bottom! After 3 warnings, don't say a word, just get up, walk over to him, and pop his bottom twice. Just enough to get his attention. You won't hurt him, you'll just make it known that mama means business.
SageAdvice
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Instead of screaming, maybe you should simply remove him from the bed and then possibly to time out ( a 2 minute time out ) if you are consistent with how you react,  he will soon realize it's not a good idea to jump on moms bed, no matter how fun it is.

The terrible two are rough, but the fuck you threes are right around the corner, so be consistent and firm, yet loving.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:32 AM

are you using any form of discipline? You need to start being consistant with whatever it is, at that age I would have given my daughter 1 warning, then it would have been time out for her for a few minutes...........it always worked for her as she hated time out.

DieselsMom
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:34 AM

spank his butt when he doesn't listen the first time. However, we are a bed jumping family.. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:43 AM

We would love to be, the thing is, until we get a new bed ours really isn't safe to jump on, it has a wooden edge that pokes out and I'm scared he's going to really hurt himself on it

Quoting DieselsMom:

spank his butt when he doesn't listen the first time. However, we are a bed jumping family.. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Learn to flipping discipline!

You are shouting bc you don't have any clear consequences and rules set in place.

Your son doesn't listen bc he has no reason to. That is on you not your son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You are shouting bc you don't have any clear consequences and rules set in place.

No shit! Isn't that why i'm here asking for advice??? DUH!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Guess I don't understand, do you not know how to discipline your own child?

Did you not think about how you want to discipline when you decided to have kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

No shit! Isn't that why i'm here asking for advice??? DUH!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)