Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can you be Christian and support gay rights? *poll added*

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Can you be Christian and support Gay rights?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 864

View Results

Just answer yes or no. No explanations. No bullying or bashing please.

My answer is yes!

If you vote please bump.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

save the date

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:59 AM

They are adults. I won't try to stop them. Believe it or not, I do not believe you can change someone from being gay. 

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Yes you can.

I'm Christian and don't even believe it is a sin.
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM
8 moms liked this
It's in Leviticus.

Who doesn't have an understanding of the Bible now?

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Okay, but I don't know what bible you have been reading but I don't think you have a clear understanding on the matter and I'm not up for a debate so I will just say to your reply okay.

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Or let me say if you are a "True Christian" than no.

Then they hsouldn't be eating shellfish, pork, living in the house with their husbands while menstruating, or wear synthetic fibers.

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:02 AM
3 moms liked this

You're quoting Jewish laws, not Christian... Christians never have been under the Jewish law.

As to the OP... Yes. 

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Then they hsouldn't be eating shellfish, pork, living in the house with their husbands while menstruating, or wear synthetic fibers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Then sadly you don't believe in equality and you don't believe in what this country was founded on.

Quoting Indianamomto4:

Gay rights are too vague....Yes if it means no one should be mistreated or told they cannot live or work someplace, but no if it means gay marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:03 AM
10 moms liked this

Actually she has a point. The Old Testament has a number of various laws that YOU break yourself. If you are going to go by the law that two men can't marry, then you should go by ALL in the OT, not just pick and choose. I am not saying you have to agree with it or even vote on it, because you don't at all, but technically what the commandment is is to love thy neighbor as we love ourselves, so if I am loving them as I do myself, I would want them to have rights like me, even though I may not agree with it, they do still have the right. 

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Okay, but I don't know what bible you have been reading but I don't think you have a clear understanding on the matter and I'm not up for a debate so I will just say to your reply okay.

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

BluePandaDreams
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Here is what I told someone at work when this topic came up:

I don't agree with being gay. I think it is wrong. However, what that individual does has no effect on my life. That individual, like anybody else should be afforded the same respect and rights I enjoy, because they are imperfect human beings like me and it would make life more pleasant all around if we all could look past our difference and made a decision to get along with people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
The Bible says nothing about gay marriage and Leviticus isn't talking about loving gays and also talks about many many other things. Sad how people overlook all that.

Quoting Aslen:

It's in Leviticus.

Who doesn't have an understanding of the Bible now?

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

If you follow the teachings of Christ, yes. And I do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:05 AM
4 moms liked this

Yes.

I only believe they shouldn't be married in a church (keep in mind, there are several other ways to get married...don't jump down my throat).

I don't know where all the hate comes from. Christians are supposed to love and be understanding.......no one, is sin free. No one, and if they claim to be, they're lying (and that's a sin, so there you go).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN