Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You only do laundry once a week? WHAT? ETA MORE INFO

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: I do laundry......

Options:

Once a week

Everyday

other..explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 355

View Results

I really don't understand why people only do laundry once a week. I mean it doesn't take more than a couple minutes to load the washer. Then just throw them in the dryer. Folding takes the longest but that's maybe 10 min a load? I do 2 loads of laundry every morning and its done. There are 6 people in our house. Why would someone want to waste a whole day doing laundry? Where do you store a weeks worth of dirty stinky laundry? Ew

ETA- We have our own well so water isnt an issue.  We have 3 teenage boys and one teenage girl all in sports.  I normally have full loads but if I dont I still wash them but I use the small load setting because  thats what its for.

I do understand if you dont have your own washer/dryer but those that do I think its just lazy to not have clean clothes.  Do you not do dishes too just because you have enough to last you a week?  That is nasty

EDIT 2- Not having a full load is no excuse- There is a small load setting on the washer
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Replies (291-300):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Your second edit is stupid. There is no "small load" setting on my washer.

That being said, I still do laundry every other day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Lmao at "laundry dedication".
I agree, as well.

Quoting Ivsleep:

This.  Sorry OP, you are in no way superior because of your laundry dedication.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do people always act like their way of doing things is the best or only way and then insult others who do things differently?  Does that somehow make you feel better about yourself.  For your own seemingly valid reasons you feel the need to do laundry every day.  Great for you.  However, just because someone doesn't do laundry every day does not in any way make them lazy.  I own a washer and dryer.  In my house we could all literally go weeks without running out of clean clothes and we have hampers for our dirty clothes.  There is no smell issue.  I do laundry once a week because that is what works for me. 

BTW -- Your dirty dishes analogy doesn't work. 

gina6239
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I do it around 2-3 times per week. We only have one child right now, and no one is in sports so the clothes are not stinky or smelly. I store them in the hamper, which is vented so the clothes do not get icky. I don't want to waste water when I don't have enough for a full load.

But I can understand why you would need to do it every day since you have more kids and they plat sports.

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

No set days.  We do laundry when the baskets get full.  We all have way too many clothes so no need to do it daily.  Dh and I both work, the kids are in school and after school activities.  Pardon me if I actually want to sit down in the evenings once in a while.  Nothing lazy about that.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I don't have stinky dity clothes.

mileysmom331
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I do laundry every two or three days I do mine DH and DDS laundry that's it and dd is at her bio fathers for three days and that's usually the only time I can get things done i refuse to do laundry unless I have a full load and since we live with my parents I have to wait till mom is done with hers and dads and we never run out of clean clothes before I do laundry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Lol. Laundry and dishes aren't at all the same to let sit. My laundry doesn't grow mold, stink up the house, or attract various bugs if left for a week. And you waste energy when you do a small load. 

ajrjj05
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I was daily! blankets once a week.

coats once a week.

pilliows once a week.

bed padding once a week. 

backpacks once a month. 

Luna091306
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I do at least a load every day.
annasew
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I remember the days of doing laundry every day.   Now I do it once a week.  That only ends up being 4 loads.  I do laundry the same day I deep clean the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)