Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A gun in the school???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

My son is in Kindergarten -

I dropped him off to school yesterday, watched him go through the metal detectors, they checked his book bag, and sent him off to the cafeteria for breakfast.

I got in my car to head to work and heard a horrific story on the radio about a SIX YEAR OLD shooting his grandma, over a video game. ( Grand Theft Auto no less )

I breathed a sigh of relief over the metal detectors and went about my day.

I picked my son up, and we were driving home when he told me that J said he was going to bring a gun to school and shoot the teacher.

BREAKS!!! J said what ??

Now, I know my child, and I know that he has a vivid imagination and that he tells stories, he also knows alot about guns and gun safety, because my brother is a 2nd Amendment Advocate - so I asked some more questions and came to the conclusion that he wasn't telling a lie. He seemed legitimately nervous.

So I called the teacher and her phone switched me over to the main office. I talked to the secretary and she said "Oh well they're 5" - Do you now watch the news?? Who cares if the kids are 5 - I'd like the issue addressed. At least talk to my son, the kid that my son is accusing and the other little boy D, who my son said heard it too and told the teacher. 

Why was it not addressed when I picked up my kid, if D told the teacher? Why didn't I get a heads up, if my child was involved in this conversation?If nothing else so that I can reinforce with my child that we don't talk about guns in school..

So that leads me to believe that maybe my son was embellishing the truth some - but he got the idea from somewhere. 

So I asked to leave a message for the principal, but I'm not hearing anything back. I did walk my son into school today, and talk to the teacher and let her know what was said and she directed me to the prinicpal who was unavailable.

I'm getting pissed, only because I feel like they aren't taking this seriously. Regardless of whether you think it's a legitimate threat, or not ( which honestly, I don't ) you need to address it, so that it doesn't happen again.

It's the threat that you ignore that is followed through on..

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN