Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any vegetarian or vegans in here?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I need some healthy breakfast ideas, please! I've got oatmeal, quinoa, smoothies and occasionally eggs. What else?  

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I eat hummus and pretzels for breakfast a lot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I eat hummus and pretzels for breakfast a lot.

That seems like more of a snack to me. lol

Blooming_Lotus
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM
yogurt parfaits (I use vegan yogurt)
You can add soft silken tofu to your smoothies instead of yogurt
Huevos rancheros (since you are okay with eggs)
Muffins with fruit
veggie BLT's on toast
Peanut butter pancakes/waffles/french toast with whatever sides you want
Cinnamon rolls
vegan chocolate mousse or raw vegan chocolate pudding with fresh fruit
breakfast burrito
omelet
vegan fruit/squash cobblers

Don't forget to change up the flavors so it doesn't get boring. Oatmeal can be made hundreds of different ways. Make a strawberry oatmeal one day and maybe a cinnamon maple later in the week. In the fall I love making pumpkin spice flavored oatmeal, pancakes, muffins, cobblers, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

yogurt parfaits (I use vegan yogurt)
Muffins with fruit
veggie BLT's on toast
Cinnamon rolls
breakfast burrito
omelet

Don't forget to change up the flavors so it doesn't get boring. Oatmeal can be made hundreds of different ways. Make a strawberry oatmeal one day and maybe a cinnamon maple later in the week. In the fall I love making pumpkin spice flavored oatmeal, pancakes, muffins, cobblers, etc.

Where do you find the vegan yogurt? I used to buy ds soy yogurt but can't find it anymore.

Blooming_Lotus
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:yogurt parfaits (I use vegan yogurt)
Muffins with fruit
veggie BLT's on toast
Cinnamon rolls
breakfast burrito
omelet

Where do you find the vegan yogurt? I used to buy ds soy yogurt but can't find it anymore.

I buy mine at the local natural foods co-op. They have many different kinds. I usually buy the So Delicious coconut yogurt b/c it has B12 added to it. There is a cherry Amande almond yogurt there too that I like but they don't add B12 so I don't get it often. You can usually go to their websites (the yogurt company's website) and use a search tool they have on there to see what stores around you carry the brand you are looking for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:54 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

Quoting Anonymous:

Muffins with fruit
veggie BLT's on toast
Cinnamon rolls
breakfast burrito
omelet

I buy mine at the local natural foods co-op. They have many different kinds. I usually buy the So Delicious coconut yogurt b/c it has B12 added to it. There is a cherry Amande almond yogurt there too that I like but they don't add B12 so I don't get it often. You can usually go to their websites (the yogurt company's website) and use a search tool they have on there to see what stores around you carry the brand you are looking for.

The Kroger I go to carries So Delicious but not any yogurt. :( I'll have to call stores to see if any carry it. 

Blooming_Lotus
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:
Quoting Anonymous:

Muffins with fruit
veggie BLT's on toast
Cinnamon rolls
breakfast burrito
omelet

The Kroger I go to carries So Delicious but not any yogurt. :( I'll have to call stores to see if any carry it. 

You can also ask them if they can order you some. My co-op doesn't carry some stuff I need b/c not enough people buy it but if I order a case (which I think is 24 yogurt cups) they will order me one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured