Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son is screaming and there is nothing I can do about it! HELP!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies

He just turned 3.  Ever since he turned into a toddler he has cried before going to sleep.  The doctors told me it was his way of calming down before bed.  Well he just turned 3 and he is now screaming before bed.  full on screaming.  At his 3 yr well visit appointment they told me to give him some Melatonin to help him calm down.  So now instead of reading him books in bed I give him Melatonin and wait till he falls asleep on the couch and then carry him up.  I miss reading books to him.  So tonight I gave him his Melatonin and decide to read to him in bed.  Well that didn't work because as soon as I started getting up he started screaming.  Now he is full on screaming in his room.  I can't take it anymore.  What is wrong with him!??

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Bump for edit

LitNut
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM

My son did that for a while. Just gotta ride it out. With mine, it was like he just flipped a switch one night and decided not to freak out. He's been very good about bed time ever since.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM

How old was he??

Quoting LitNut:

My son did that for a while. Just gotta ride it out. With mine, it was like he just flipped a switch one night and decided not to freak out. He's been very good about bed time ever since.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:27 PM

BUMP!

LitNut
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Just after he turned 2. It was awful. It literally started the day of his second birthday. He was like, "I'm going to make this Terrible Twos thing a literal term." Now he's just a couple days away from being three and his new thing is being clingy (not the cute way, but the kind where you're walking down the stairs and he randomly grabs one of your legs and almost sends you flying down like Scarlet O'Hara) and screeching. Ugh.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old was he??

Quoting LitNut:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM

No one?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Go back to carrying him up to bed and find another time to read to him.  Maybe it won't be as often, but at least you'll get to do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

He just turned 3.  Ever since he turned into a toddler he has cried before going to sleep.  The doctors told me it was his way of calming down before bed.  Well he just turned 3 and he is now screaming before bed.  full on screaming.  At his 3 yr well visit appointment they told me to give him some Melatonin to help him calm down.  So now instead of reading him books in bed I give him Melatonin and wait till he falls asleep on the couch and then carry him up.  I miss reading books to him.  So tonight I gave him his Melatonin and decide to read to him in bed.  Well that didn't work because as soon as I started getting up he started screaming.  Now he is full on screaming in his room.  I can't take it anymore.  What is wrong with him!??

Edit....  I went up and got him and brought downstairs.  He is laying on the couch watching a movie with his sister.  I expect him to fall asleep in a little bit.  Ugh.  What can I do about this??

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Yes, I have thought of that.  I will try to set a special time maybe while his baby sister is napping to read to him.  I miss my night time snuggles.  :(  

Quoting Anonymous:

Go back to carrying him up to bed and find another time to read to him.  Maybe it won't be as often, but at least you'll get to do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Edit....  I went up and got him and brought downstairs.  He is laying on the couch watching a movie with his sister.  I expect him to fall asleep in a little bit.  Ugh.  What can I do about this??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)