Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is the name I FIND TRASHY

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

forget about Neveah, whenever i hear the name Brianna, Breanna, or any if the other million spellings of it i automatically think

low income mom

teen mom

mom with multiple baby daddies

mom without college degree

trailer park mom

unmarried mom

mom on PA

or one or more of the above or some variation of, sorry it might not be true for you, but that's my first thought

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the names Lemonjello and Orangejello. 

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

A good friend of mine is Brianna. Her family is none of those things.

frogbender
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I tend not to judge names unless you are Princess Consuela Banana Hammock. Then you are just the fucking bomb.

You know, there are 6 billion people on this planet. Just because you've run into a handful of people who have named their children this does not mean that everyone who names their child this falls under your teeny-tiny snap judgement. It definitely says something about you though...

anon1986East
by Kali on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

My daughter's name is Brianna, and I meet only one thing on your list. I was a teen mom, but I was also married before I had kids, have never been on PA, have several college degrees, I've never lived in a trailer park, my husband is the father of all my children, and we live quite comfortably.

I wonder what is it about that name that makes you think all that?

The only name I don't like is Amber, because every chick I've ever met with that name is a straight up cunt but I'm not idiotic enough to immediately think "fucking cunt" at the mere mention of the name Amber. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

its not about the child being trashy, its the mom

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

You must have some personal reason for feeling that way. I know 3 Brianna's and none of them are any of the above.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I feel that way about the name Janelle or any spelling variant and Jace. Double points if they are siblings. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Thats good. Its not true for everyone. But i know this girl from school. Her and her dh lives with first his parents then with her parents, they get fs and both dont work. I tried helping and let them rent a room from me one time. That didnt go to well. her

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmmm....dh had chose Brianna as a possible girl name for our last baby, and we meet none of those.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol a girl i know named her dd that and she meets all of the above.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM

no it's not about the child

Quoting Anonymous:

No, but the point is that she will

Quoting 2and2onway:

My dd is named Briana (Bri-ona). The name fits her, we do not fall in any of your categories.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM
My DD is Bree. It's not short for anything but people always ask if its short for breanna. NO!!!
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM

My daughter's name is Brianne. We thought she was a boy, and had picked Brian. When we found out she was a girl, we added the "ne" to the end of Brian. I can positively guarantee to you she is not (a) low income, she and her DH both work very good jobs (b)teen mom, she's 26 (she's married, has 2 kids and 4 stepkids she's helping raise, she and her DH both work very good jobs) (c) is in the process of going back to school, so she can get a better job (d) trailer park mom--they own their own home, very nice, her DH renovated it himself (e) she's obviously married, and very happily I might add, and (f), she's NOT on PA, and I find your ASSumptions EXTREMELY offensive, and ignorant. You have no idea what you are talking about, and really need to get a new hobby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)