Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am spending over $100

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies
1 mom liked this
On my kids fundraiser at school so they can both get the limo ride. They need 15 items sold, each. So I am buying 15 to help them. Family members bought the other ones. It's actually useful stuff, wrapping paper, kitchen stuff, a little candy...lol. So I figured why not.

I won't ever do it again though. Just this once because they have never participated before.

Do you participate in fundraisers? Some of them are so stupid.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Nope. Mediocre quality for ridiculously high prices. I think it's a huge rip off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM

No I don't. I'd rather say donate $50 to the PTA then spend $50 and have $20 of that go to the school and get crap items.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Actually, in all fairness...the wrapping paper is really nice. I have bought from my nephews before and it's so nice, I have a hard time using it! Lol.

Not to mention the chocolate Minties are delicious! Lol!

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Nope. Mediocre quality for ridiculously high prices. I think it's a huge rip off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theresa13183
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

couldnt you have just paid for the limo ride instead of spending that much on the overpriced knick knacks?

hip2it
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I buy a lot when they do cookie dough and Yankee candles.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM
That's true. Good idea. Every $10 is one item so I could do that. I still might buy some of the wrapping paper though.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I don't. I'd rather say donate $50 to the PTA then spend $50 and have $20 of that go to the school and get crap items.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM
This one is also cookie dough and stuff. We have never had a yankee candles one though!!

Quoting hip2it:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I don't know. This way they get to go to the party, get some prizes and the limo ride and pizza with their friends. Like another poster said though...I will donate some and buy some stuff so I won't have to get so much crap.

Quoting theresa13183:

couldnt you have just paid for the limo ride instead of spending that much on the overpriced knick knacks?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I can get fantastic paper from yardsales (why people sell that stuff is beyond me. Are you not planning on being alive come next Christmas?) and I've found beautiful paper at WalMart and Goodwill and Target. And it's cheaper.

I just think my limited funds can go to some much better things.

If you have the money, go for it. I don't and can't justify it personally.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, in all fairness...the wrapping paper is really nice. I have bought from my nephews before and it's so nice, I have a hard time using it! Lol.

Not to mention the chocolate Minties are delicious! Lol!

Quoting sugarcrisp:

hip2it
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM
We do Yankee candles every year for school and I love them. I like the cookie dough for quick great cookies. Some of their fundraisers I can't find a single thing I want or would use. I do always order from each of my kids so they end up selling the same amounts.

Quoting Anonymous:

This one is also cookie dough and stuff. We have never had a yankee candles one though!!

Quoting hip2it:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN