Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You want me to walk 10 miles with a newborn? *ETA*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

No sorry. I have bad back problems so all i can do is a few blocks. My mother went to the store i asked please pick up alot of water. The gallon jugs. She bought one. Now its 2days later and i ask her for a ride to the store or if whenever shes not busy later please pick it up for me. She yelled and said its not my responsibility to get shit for your child. Yes i know this. Shes the only ride i have and she said shell be willing to take me to the store. I asked for several jugs of water so they would last a while so i wouldnt have to ask her in the day or two. She told me to walk my fat ass to the store then. My son is 3 weeks old and its to hot here for him. Im not even sure how i would carry all that back?.  

Yes i could boil water i never thought of that.

No i cant breastfeed because i wasnt producing enough milk.

My Exhusband divorced me when he found out i was pregnant and took everything. 

I lost my job so i could afford my car anymore. 

I currently working minim wage.

Because of this that is why my mother said she would help me with getting to the store.

If you dont have bad back problems then you wouldnt know how hard it is to walk that far.

I have a csection and im not fully healed. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Replies (31-40):
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Do you have a stroller?  You can out a jug or two in the basket on the bottom on the way home.

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Buy a Brita filter for your sink. They're awesome. We did that when our rental was on a well. Ew. We left it when we moved out and the landlords didn't mind at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:18 AM
No if will not! Put a Finn blanket! I went to the pool with a week old baby and did that!!! Guess what he is no three and perfectly healthy.

Quit making excuses and go get the water!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I have one but i would have to cover it to keep the sun out of my babys eyes and itll get to hot under there for him :/ 

Quoting Anonymous:

Stroller?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Something similar happened with my mil. I asked her to pick up formula for me because I couldn't get out an I'd pay her for it. She got it then said I'd have to come to her house to get it which is a two hour walk from my house an the store would have been an hour. I told her that wasnt cool especially since she passes my house to get home and that I wouldn't be walking to her house. I found a delivery service instead. She didn't see my son for three months I didn't pick up calls or answer texts. Didn't see her until Easter Sunday at church an I couldn't control that.
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:18 AM
8 moms liked this

Also - if you boil tap water then let it cool...you don't  have to buy jugs.

cmfarm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:16 AM
There are other stores besides a grocery store that have jugs of water (why do you even need it?). Convenient stores, dollar stores, and probably others as well
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:21 AM
She is right but she didnthave to be a bitch about it imo. Sorry :(
vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM
She is right. Stop making excuses and take the stroller to the store. Your baby will survive the heat.

Sounds like your mom is sick of your laziness and doing everything for you, by this post alone I can see why.

How old are you?!
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM
What's with all the water? Don't you drive? Where is your so? How old are you?
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
This is what I was going to say. When you're a mom, you have to be creative and resourceful for the times you can't depend on anyone. Help is nice to have, and a caring mom/grandmother would help you get what you need, but you have to find a way to provide even when you don't have help. Boil the water and forget buying jugs of it.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Also - if you boil tap water then let it cool...you don't  have to buy jugs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)