Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You want me to walk 10 miles with a newborn? *ETA*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

No sorry. I have bad back problems so all i can do is a few blocks. My mother went to the store i asked please pick up alot of water. The gallon jugs. She bought one. Now its 2days later and i ask her for a ride to the store or if whenever shes not busy later please pick it up for me. She yelled and said its not my responsibility to get shit for your child. Yes i know this. Shes the only ride i have and she said shell be willing to take me to the store. I asked for several jugs of water so they would last a while so i wouldnt have to ask her in the day or two. She told me to walk my fat ass to the store then. My son is 3 weeks old and its to hot here for him. Im not even sure how i would carry all that back?.  

Yes i could boil water i never thought of that.

No i cant breastfeed because i wasnt producing enough milk.

My Exhusband divorced me when he found out i was pregnant and took everything. 

I lost my job so i could afford my car anymore. 

I currently working minim wage.

Because of this that is why my mother said she would help me with getting to the store.

If you dont have bad back problems then you wouldnt know how hard it is to walk that far.

I have a csection and im not fully healed. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Replies (351-358):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you very much. I have found that i can boil water :) and my ex husband cousin is willing to give me rides to the store and such :) 

Quoting Single88Mama:

Love this..well said.

The woman stated her mother said she'd help her then flipped on her when she asked for help. Had she known her mother was going to react that way, I'm sure she would have tried to make other arrangements. She's stated she's in a pretty fucked up situation at the moment. No car, min wage, going through a divorce..ex husband just fucked her over. She just had a baby 3 weeks ago..a c section. It would be completely stupid of her to attempt to walk a long distance w/o getting the ok from her doctor. If she rips stitches or something during this walk and starts bleeding, then what? She's going to have to go back to hosp..another medical bill..and who the hell is watching her baby while she gets everything repaired? She damn sure can't rely on her mother..she didn't even want to get her fucking water!

Kudos the women who have said they've had c sections and were completely healed after two or three weeks and they'd have no problem walking a long distance if they had to. Congrats to you bitches! But news flash: not everyone is like you. No one person heals the same..no one pregnancy is the same..no one labor and delivery process is the same. So what worked out so well for you may not go so smoothly for someone else. Why the fuck is that so hard to understand?!! You ladies need to get your heads out of your asses.

There is a reason why doctors say to wait at least 6 weeks before engaging in physical activity. Your body is still healing!!!! Just because you felt great after two or three weeks doesn't automatically mean you were completely healed. You do too much too soon and your ass will end up right back in the hospital..for being stupid.

This woman needs a little help right now and it shouldn't be an issue for her MOTHER to fucking help her out until she makes other arrangements. All these bitches on here telling her to suck it up and this that and third..I'm going to assume since you have that attitude that you will give your daughters the same "fuck you do it yourself bitch" if they were ever in a position where they needed some help from you. Smh and this is one of the many problems with the world today.

As far as I'm concerned, you are a mother until the day you die. If you truly love your child, you will do anything for them. I don't give a shit if they are 5 25 or 55, if my child needed help with something and I was able to help, I would. Case closed. That is my child. My love for them doesn't stop at a certain age and I'll be damned if I turn my back on my own child. A parent should be the one person you can always turn to for help when all else fails. For all you women jumping down this woman's throat like you're all high mighty, maybe you all should have reconsidered bringing children into this world with the selfish ass backwards attitudes you have.

A MOTHER'S WORK IS NEVER DONE

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually for most of civilization, people lived in community groups, tribes, clans, etc...  A mother with a new baby was almost never alone, and usually the community helped its memeber becasue survival depended on having strong connections, healthy children and a mutaul reliance on each other.  It has only been about 150 years since the pioneer movement in the US and Australia that nuclear families have been isolated from others and dependent only on themselves, as there was an understanding that you help your neighbors when they need it and they help you when you need it.  Probably why the US has such a high infant mortality rate for a developed country--some developing countries have been infant survival than the US, we are 40th on the list--perhaps if we looked out for our neighbors with newborns instead of insisting they are weak and pathetic because she doesn't think it is safe for her or her baby to walk 10 miles in the summer heat with her 3 WEEK old infant, maybe less infants would be dying.  But stay on your high horse, that you did everything ALL BY YOURSELF all the time...just jumped right up after baby popped out and it was life as usual with your newborn strapped to your back.  Yeah, she needs to get creative and find a way to get what she needs, but msot of the world for most of human history has not isolated new mothers like we do here on Cafe Mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

That was the world for most of civilization. People are pussies now. It was only 2 miles, but I walked to and from work when I was pregnant in the hottest summer my state had in a while. Crying about something like this is bogus.

Quoting poppys_mommy:

I'm shocked so many people say you should do it yourself. I'm all for independence and self reliance but its sad we live in a world where people won't step up to help out a new mama. Yes, there are options but its crummy she won't help. Maybe post a request on cm with your location. If someone's nearby, maybe they'll help. I remember having a 3 wk old and how hard pregnancy was on my body and while I'm sure I could have pulled it off if I had to, a long walk to the store isn't something people should have to do with a new baby.

pedritosmama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I live with my parents, too.  My mother and I have a typical mother-daughter relationship, which is very similar to what you described.  She has high expectations for me.  But since I live there rent-free, if she asks me to do something, I do it because I am grateful to be living there rent-free. 

Just boil the water for now and pick your battles.  Mom does not have to help you...so be thankful she allows you to live there and deal with the issues as they arise.  I know how it feels to feel trapped.  Sometimes, living with your parents makes you feel like you're 16 again.  Put your child first for now.  It won't always be this way.

HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Damn, you're mom is mean :( Im sorry.

Single88Mama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Glad to hear it :-). I hope you continue to get the help that you need right now. I also hope all works out for you with getting another car and such so you don't have to deal with things like that anymore. Congrats on the baby and I wish you the best of luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you very much. I have found that i can boil water :) and my ex husband cousin is willing to give me rides to the store and such :) 

Quoting Single88Mama:

Love this..well said.

The woman stated her mother said she'd help her then flipped on her when she asked for help. Had she known her mother was going to react that way, I'm sure she would have tried to make other arrangements. She's stated she's in a pretty fucked up situation at the moment. No car, min wage, going through a divorce..ex husband just fucked her over. She just had a baby 3 weeks ago..a c section. It would be completely stupid of her to attempt to walk a long distance w/o getting the ok from her doctor. If she rips stitches or something during this walk and starts bleeding, then what? She's going to have to go back to hosp..another medical bill..and who the hell is watching her baby while she gets everything repaired? She damn sure can't rely on her mother..she didn't even want to get her fucking water!

Kudos the women who have said they've had c sections and were completely healed after two or three weeks and they'd have no problem walking a long distance if they had to. Congrats to you bitches! But news flash: not everyone is like you. No one person heals the same..no one pregnancy is the same..no one labor and delivery process is the same. So what worked out so well for you may not go so smoothly for someone else. Why the fuck is that so hard to understand?!! You ladies need to get your heads out of your asses.

There is a reason why doctors say to wait at least 6 weeks before engaging in physical activity. Your body is still healing!!!! Just because you felt great after two or three weeks doesn't automatically mean you were completely healed. You do too much too soon and your ass will end up right back in the hospital..for being stupid.

This woman needs a little help right now and it shouldn't be an issue for her MOTHER to fucking help her out until she makes other arrangements. All these bitches on here telling her to suck it up and this that and third..I'm going to assume since you have that attitude that you will give your daughters the same "fuck you do it yourself bitch" if they were ever in a position where they needed some help from you. Smh and this is one of the many problems with the world today.

As far as I'm concerned, you are a mother until the day you die. If you truly love your child, you will do anything for them. I don't give a shit if they are 5 25 or 55, if my child needed help with something and I was able to help, I would. Case closed. That is my child. My love for them doesn't stop at a certain age and I'll be damned if I turn my back on my own child. A parent should be the one person you can always turn to for help when all else fails. For all you women jumping down this woman's throat like you're all high mighty, maybe you all should have reconsidered bringing children into this world with the selfish ass backwards attitudes you have.

A MOTHER'S WORK IS NEVER DONE

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually for most of civilization, people lived in community groups, tribes, clans, etc...  A mother with a new baby was almost never alone, and usually the community helped its memeber becasue survival depended on having strong connections, healthy children and a mutaul reliance on each other.  It has only been about 150 years since the pioneer movement in the US and Australia that nuclear families have been isolated from others and dependent only on themselves, as there was an understanding that you help your neighbors when they need it and they help you when you need it.  Probably why the US has such a high infant mortality rate for a developed country--some developing countries have been infant survival than the US, we are 40th on the list--perhaps if we looked out for our neighbors with newborns instead of insisting they are weak and pathetic because she doesn't think it is safe for her or her baby to walk 10 miles in the summer heat with her 3 WEEK old infant, maybe less infants would be dying.  But stay on your high horse, that you did everything ALL BY YOURSELF all the time...just jumped right up after baby popped out and it was life as usual with your newborn strapped to your back.  Yeah, she needs to get creative and find a way to get what she needs, but msot of the world for most of human history has not isolated new mothers like we do here on Cafe Mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

That was the world for most of civilization. People are pussies now. It was only 2 miles, but I walked to and from work when I was pregnant in the hottest summer my state had in a while. Crying about something like this is bogus.

Quoting poppys_mommy:

I'm shocked so many people say you should do it yourself. I'm all for independence and self reliance but its sad we live in a world where people won't step up to help out a new mama. Yes, there are options but its crummy she won't help. Maybe post a request on cm with your location. If someone's nearby, maybe they'll help. I remember having a 3 wk old and how hard pregnancy was on my body and while I'm sure I could have pulled it off if I had to, a long walk to the store isn't something people should have to do with a new baby.

jen1130
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I am sorry your alone in this...why would your husband leave because you got pregnant? The water will be fine if you boil it...my oldest is 25 my youngest (from birth) is 12 they survived. They were not sickly at all.
My sons ex just used TAP water no boiling involved.

Your whole post is about all the bad things going on but to be honest you need to try to find some ways to do for yourself because unless you do it will be come way too easy to let others do for you. I am kind of wondering how much you needed from your mom before many she is just tired of being asked to do for you.
I would help my kids but not to the point of them not taking care what they need to do.
Our country has really made it easy for people ( I am not saying you are doing this just trying to help with why people are being a little harsh) to sit back and let others do the work or always waiting for a hand out. My advice is if you need help from your mom or any one offer to do something for her...cook a meal for her when she comes to help you make her something gosh even looking for cool craft ideas or recipes that she may like just printing them our or writing them down and take a pic so she can see it. Just to let her know that you may not be able to do much at the moment but you were thinking of her. I wish you and your child lots of luck: )
jamiebell
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Im sorry you're going through such a hard time. If i lived by you id help you out! I had all csections and no way.could i walk that far that soon after and im a very active, fit healthy person. Your body is still healing. I hope things work out for you. Congrats on your baby!
achorney
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I have no back problems. 10 miles with a baby is a long fucking way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Whats wrong with tap water? Thats what i used with my son and *gasp* he is perfectly fine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)