Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You want me to walk 10 miles with a newborn? *ETA*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

No sorry. I have bad back problems so all i can do is a few blocks. My mother went to the store i asked please pick up alot of water. The gallon jugs. She bought one. Now its 2days later and i ask her for a ride to the store or if whenever shes not busy later please pick it up for me. She yelled and said its not my responsibility to get shit for your child. Yes i know this. Shes the only ride i have and she said shell be willing to take me to the store. I asked for several jugs of water so they would last a while so i wouldnt have to ask her in the day or two. She told me to walk my fat ass to the store then. My son is 3 weeks old and its to hot here for him. Im not even sure how i would carry all that back?.  

Yes i could boil water i never thought of that.

No i cant breastfeed because i wasnt producing enough milk.

My Exhusband divorced me when he found out i was pregnant and took everything. 

I lost my job so i could afford my car anymore. 

I currently working minim wage.

Because of this that is why my mother said she would help me with getting to the store.

If you dont have bad back problems then you wouldnt know how hard it is to walk that far.

I have a csection and im not fully healed. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Replies (41-50):
yayay15
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I would always help my kids out. Running to the store for some water would be no big deal. You're sounds mean. If you live near Thornton, co, I will take you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maxi_Maxi
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Yeah! And can't you boil some water? I assume its for the baby?

Quoting spunky946:

What's with all the water? Don't you drive? Where is your so? How old are you?

TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:33 AM

The water here is mostly good but tastes horrible if not boiled. So I boil all the drinking water my family or 6 - plus constant guests - drinks.  I have already boiled 42 liters this week.  I can't imagine having to BUY that much bottled water every week!

Quoting MommyAddie:

This is what I was going to say. When you're a mom, you have to be creative and resourceful for the times you can't depend on anyone. Help is nice to have, and a caring mom/grandmother would help you get what you need, but you have to find a way to provide even when you don't have help. Boil the water and forget buying jugs of it.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Also - if you boil tap water then let it cool...you don't  have to buy jugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

most stores will deliver to people who can't get to the stores. both grocery stores in my town do that for disabled and senior people. hope you find a solution to that problem soon. best of luck. 

dancer
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:37 AM

no offense,your mom sounds like a bitch!!!

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry that your mother isn't more willing to help. I cannot imagine my mother turning me down for anything, especially something like that.

However, you DO have options, you just need to choose to utilize them. Boiling water and letting it cool will cost you nothing, and you don't even have to leave the house. Or, you can pay for a taxi, and buy a very large amount of water. You can walk to the store, sometimes as parents we must make great sacrifices. I wouldn't enjoy the walk, either. Still, I would do it for my babies in a heartbeat.

Your child needs water. Do something about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
askyourmother
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM
you don't have tap water?
Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM

It's not her responsibility.  Call a cab.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Britta water filters are good.  Sorry your mom isn't being so nice.

3guys4me
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I'm shocked no one has brought up breastfeeding yet.

Seriously though... I get it. You asked for a bunch and she only got one gallon. But it's not her responsibility.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN