Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Guy just peeked in our house....UPDATE: officer just left...

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 33 Replies

Soooo....confused and creeped out....some guy just walked up to my front door, peered in, shone a flashlight in and walked back to his car....thought it was a cop, but apparently it was a random guy...wtf man...

well before the guy left, my bro went to see what was up...guy said he was curious if anyone lived here...

awkward since there's clearly signs of occupants here, the living room light is on which you can see from the front door...meh...

anywho, the cops said they'll be keeping an eye out for him and might follow up with me, but since I didn't have glasses on I couldn't give too much detail...I'll update if I get anything else though.

photo Nickysilly_zps1bdda502.jpg
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:02 AM
3 moms liked this

Call the non-emergency number and inform your local police department. 

Smokeswifey
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Creepy! I'd probably call the non emergency line to let the police know. He may be looking for a place to rob
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Uhhh set your alarm if you leave incase he was checking to see if anyone was home so he could break in
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Why do people always say "non emergency" haha bwaha

What if your agency doesn't have one? What if he comes back and busts the door open while you're looking up that number?

You do realize some if not most agencies like you to use 911 for tracking purposes, right?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

JudesAwsomeMom
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Call the police
rocamom
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I would call the police.
heidi749
by Canadian on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:06 AM

If you have an alarm system set it, if not, may be a good time to call for one.. Sounds like he was casing the house to rob IMO..

That is creppy.

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Call the police. Do you remember why the guy and car looked like? I had a guy walk through my front door once. Got inside and asked if Dave was home... I told him there's no Dave here ( I was laughing, thinking how embarrassing to walk into the wrong house) he left and then my house was robbed about a week later.
skittlefart
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Officer just left, they'll be surveying the area for the guy. I didn't get that much of a description of him since I didn't have my glasses on and I couldn't see the license plate number, so that sucks big time. :( hoping Df can get off early and come home...I can't do anything since I'm 38 weeks preggo and have my 1 year old upstairs....Df has the only car too... 

photo Nickysilly_zps1bdda502.jpg
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:24 AM

This would be a non-emergency event, so I would call the non-emergency number. No one is banging on her door trying to get in, she can always call 911 if the situation escalates. 

I know that EVERY police department has a non-emergency number and you should have it written down in your house for these kinds of situations. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do people always say "non emergency" haha bwaha

What if your agency doesn't have one? What if he comes back and busts the door open while you're looking up that number?

You do realize some if not most agencies like you to use 911 for tracking purposes, right?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)