Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No electricity Edit-

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 192 Replies

Our electricity was turned off 4 days ago while my son was at school. 

I had my family come get him so he wouldn't know. Now, he's 4 hours away, transferred into a different school and away from his father and me,

I just wanted to share. Bash away. 

**I lost my job 8 months ago, do not qualify for unemployment, my dh is working 7 days a week to keep money coming in. We do not get any public assistance**

**yes, I am looking for a job, however, I live in a seasonal area and our summer is finished and layoffs have started all over town**

EDIT--

Yes, it was on the extreme side but he deserves to be a child and not be aware of adult issues. I live in the South and it is hot here. The principal said she is required to call Dept of Social Services if any of her students are homeless, do not have running water or no electricity in the home. I made mistakes, I admit it. We are getting help budgeting through our local Catholic Church so this will not happen again.

Our home is completely electric. Hot water heater, stove, everything.  We do not have cable, cell phones, Internet or home phones. My dh has a work phone that his company pays for and it's an unlimited plan. My neighbors have been nice enough to let me sit in their living room and use their wi-fi. 

I can live with being called a bad parent because we chose to send our ds to my parents house temporarily. The alternative was running the risk of him being removed from our home or sitting here in 100 degree weather.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Candles!!!
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

We had no power for about a week while the kids were in school.  They were 7.  We made a tent with blankets and used candles.  We read stories and played cards.  We made it a game to do everything we needed to do while the sun was still out and then it was quiet/fun time once we lit the candles.  We didn't need to transfer them or ship them off to someone else's house...we just paid our bill.  Is there something else I'm missing from all this, why go to the extreme?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Could you move where your son is and see about employment there?
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM
4 moms liked this
Why would you transfer your kid's school because you didn't pay your bill? That makes zero sense...
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Seriously.

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Why would you transfer your kid's school because you didn't pay your bill? That makes zero sense...
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
3 moms liked this
Bad trolling. The grandparents wouldn't be able to enroll him in a new school, Unless they were legal guardians.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM
There are places that help you pay your electric bill, google it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Troller or scammer can't really tell!  Either way you fail!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM
That's the biggest BS I ever heard. You are transferring him because you temporarily don't have power. How old is your son?
blessed107
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh lord, things read on CM. Just not right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)