Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this have offended you? Would you have filed a complaint? Edit *UPDATED 9/30/13*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 190 Replies
1 mom liked this

When my son was in the 2nd grade I was a single mom barely able to put  food on the table. The soles of my son's shoes were literally coming off. They were so bad they flapped when he walked but I couldn't afford to buy him new ones. One day he came home with these newish looking shoes on. He said his teacher brought them to him because she had bought them for her son but they were to small. I didn't believe that but I was just so grateful for the help. I never asked her about it or anything because I was to embarrassed.

Well that was 7 years ago and thankfully now I am married and in a much better postion than I was then but I was telling my SIL about it. I'm not sure how the subject got brought up but my SIL said she would have been offended and would have went to the principal and filed a complaint because she said the teacher overstepped her boundaries. It never really occurred to me to file a complaint because as far as I was concerned she was helping my son out.

So my question is would you have been offended or would you have been grateful.

EDIT Thanks everyone for not bashing me for sending my son to school in shoes that were falling apart. I felt terrible for it but I didn't see any other options.

UPDATE 9/30/13

Well it took some searching and phone calls but I found her. Unfortunately she is in another county about 3 hours away. So I sent her a card with a letter. I told her who I was and reminded her of her good deed she did. I told her how my son was doing now and let her know how much I appreciated what she did for him. Since I didn't have a home address for her I sent the card to the school she is teaching at now. I sent it about 3 days ago. I'll update again when/if I receive a reply.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM
30 moms liked this

Filing a complaint for someone helping you out in a time of need is a bitch move.

Hutersmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM
7 moms liked this
I would have been beyond grateful :) and made sure that when I was in a dryer position to not only pay it forward but to maybe send that teacher something for her classroom just to let her know I appreciated her :) your sil is a nut :/ lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_382
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
no I would have been grateful to why are you going to complain when someone does something very nice to your son
kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I probably would have sent a thank you note. She probably didn't do it to be ba bitch.
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I would have been grateful. If it was obvious to the teacher that help was needed then I would have been ok with that. It doesn't sound like she embarrassed your son or made a big deal out of it. I think it was a great thing that the teacehr did.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Without a doubt grateful.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

File a complaint for her helping you out? I really hope you don't. What you sould do is pay it foward and donate a pair of new shoes to the shelter or whatever.

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I would have been grateful 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Offended? Because someone helped you out when you couldn't provide? Are you serious right now?
ewunia79
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow your sister in law is a BITCH! Complain about a teacher whe helped you?!?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN