Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I can smell your body odor, then you need a bath. Period.

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 103 Replies

I detest smelling people's body odor. Take a bath, shower, whatever. But don't subject people to your funk. I go through so much Lysol because of spraying it after people leave my office and their rank smell remained. You stink. Body odor does not smell good. Soap and deodorant at minimum. A little mist of perfume, cologne, or body spray never killed anyone either. If you insist on leaving your smell behind, at least make it a nice fragrance. OMG people are so disgusting!

Vent complete.

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM
If you're overly sensitive, not always. But if your like me and only notice when they really are being nasty, then I agree.
milkmama36
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

mmmm man smell, leather, and motorcyle fumes.

mseelen
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM
3 moms liked this
There are some people who can't help it. I went to school with a girl who had stone kind of glandular thing, no matter how many baths she took, hey body just produced this odor. There was nothing she could do, there is no cure for that type of thing. I understand what you are saying, but it may not be the persons fault. Just a thought.
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM

One thing I have learned living here is that Russians REALLY DON'T like to bathe...even in the heat.  The woman that sat next to me for most of my Ulpan class was Russian - she would apparently bathe once per week - on Saturday sometime because on Sunday morning she didn't stink - but by Thursday I was gagging.  And she wasn't the only one - half my class was Russian and by the end of each week you didn't want the teacher to close the door!  I thought a few times about buying everyone in the class a gift - soap and deodorant....but I assumed my money would be wasted.  

It is HOT here in the summer - 100*+ pretty much every day.  I know water is to be conserved....but, seriously people - a few baths each week are OK!  

Wow, it does feel better letting that out.

garnet83
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I hate smelling it no matter what. But when it lingers even after they're gone, it's out of hand.

Quoting firespurity:

If you're overly sensitive, not always. But if your like me and only notice when they really are being nasty, then I agree.

garnet83
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Well I live in the US where bathing frequently is supposed to be part of the culture.

Quoting TableforSeven:

One thing I have learned living here is that Russians REALLY DON'T like to bathe...even in the heat.  The woman that sat next to me for most of my Ulpan class was Russian - she would apparently bathe once per week - on Saturday sometime because on Sunday morning she didn't stink - but by Thursday I was gagging.  And she wasn't the only one - half my class was Russian and by the end of each week you didn't want the teacher to close the door!  I thought a few times about buying everyone in the class a gift - soap and deodorant....but I assumed my money would be wasted.  

It is HOT here in the summer - 100*+ pretty much every day.  I know water is to be conserved....but, seriously people - a few baths each week are OK!  

Wow, it does feel better letting that out.

strontium
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Lysol smells like shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM

agreed

our.love.story
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Did using perfume or something help? That would suck...I hate smelling after I'm done at the gym, couldn't imagine it being all the time and not being able to do anything about it. Poor girl.

Quoting mseelen:

There are some people who can't help it. I went to school with a girl who had stone kind of glandular thing, no matter how many baths she took, hey body just produced this odor. There was nothing she could do, there is no cure for that type of thing. I understand what you are saying, but it may not be the persons fault. Just a thought.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I know a couple people who shower in the morning, put on deodorant, and stink by 11am.  You know what's worse than body odor?  Body odor AND perfume/cologne!  You just get overwhelmed by BOTH smells, they don't really cover the BO up at all.  Some people are just unlucky I guess.  

Though you can usually tell when they are putting forth an effort and when they just haven't showered in days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured