Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Today my kid was one of those clinging screaming kindergarteners :(

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 5 Replies
My baby girl has loved going to school this whole week she is ready to go and waiting by the door until its time to leave. Today we get to school and she goes to play then the whistle blows to line up and she comes to me crying that she doesn't want to go. Her teacher said I could walk with her to the class room and assures me she's just tired its been a long week. We get to the classroom and the teachers aid has to pry her from me while she's crying "no mommy!!!" It took all I had to walk away I have never had a kid act like that maybe a few tears but never holding on to me and having to be pulled into the class room.
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Having worked in k4 and kindy its normally the strong ones that break down at the end of the week. Hopefully after the weekend together she'll be back to her normal self :)
JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM
:(
Hugs.

I just dropped off my 3 year old to school. He is in developmental preschool at the local elementary school. Today I waited with his class and teachers for the last of the bus kids to arrive... The. He walked in with the teacher by himself.... Made me sad! This is his 3rd day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Mine either rode the bus or got dropped off to go sit in the cafeteria or gym so he never had a chance to do that. Both my kids threw some impressive tantrums at home a couple of times when they didn't want to do to school lol. I had to call backup once when 8 year old DD was refusing to go to school and had the SRO officer talk to her about what happens when you miss school.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I hope so right up until it was time to line up she was fine, even this morning she was telling everyone to hurry up so we could leave. Last night she bugged me for an hour to make her lunch ugh I had a hard time not losing it

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Having worked in k4 and kindy its normally the strong ones that break down at the end of the week. Hopefully after the weekend together she'll be back to her normal self :)
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM
They have so much fun and then all of a sudden they realize how much they miss being home. The other kids are generally a little sad at every drop off but the stronger gung ho kiddos don't take the time to realize they're sad until it hits them up side the head.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I hope so right up until it was time to line up she was fine, even this morning she was telling everyone to hurry up so we could leave. Last night she bugged me for an hour to make her lunch ugh I had a hard time not losing it

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)