Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you check that your kid is appropriately dressed before leaving for school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

Just wondering.  Today when I ran into the school to drop off some papers there was a girl in the office calling her mom for clothes.  This kid was in a leotard and dance shorts.  The whole back of her leo was open.  My dd wears this stuff to DANCE...but never to school.  So I have to wonder if no one was home.  This is an elementary school. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I dont check ds13, he knows what to wear. Ds10 yes. We lay out clothes the night before. And I am home when he gets dressed.
petie1104
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Uniforms here. So, not really, other than to make sure they are dressed in school clothes not street clothes.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Dd is only 6 and has to wear uniforms so it's not really an issue here.
hotmommytutu
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I sure do! If it's not appropriate they don't leave the house wearing it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Poor baby! Omg the poor thing probably had on the outfit for dance the night before and woke up and got herself to school.

I can't image a parent sending their kid to school like that.

The only thing I can think is that the parent is sick or depressed and slept through their alarm? Or they are not there at all... You'd figure if they had to get to work early and the girl was responsible for dressing herself and getting off to school she would at least lay out an outfit for her.

To answer your question my child is always dressed for school appropriately, his hair and teeth are brushed too. I believe that looking good instills confidence in children which means they'll have better chances to do well in school.

That poor girl must have been embarrassed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM

When I was in school there was a middle school girl that rode my bus who would wear inappropriate clothes(spaghetti straps and short shorts) under her regular clothes. She would take the regular clothes off at the bus stop and put them in her book bag.  It got so bad that her mom just took all of her clothes that weren't school appropriate and locked them up in a storage locker.  

But DD is only 5 so I know what she is wearing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Elementary? Yes I did.

My kids leave the house at 6:30 AM now so no i don't check them. I'm asleep lol
orchardmoma
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I check periodically because when my Dd was in Kinder for some reason she put on 4 pair of underwear. Lol! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I would say this was a fourth or fifth grader.  My dd is fifth and knows not to wear dance clothes out and especially to school.  She is allowed to wear her warm ups or team shirts.  But that is different.

Quoting Anonymous:

Poor baby! Omg the poor thing probably had on the outfit for dance the night before and woke up and got herself to school.

I can't image a parent sending their kid to school like that.

The only thing I can think is that the parent is sick or depressed and slept through their alarm? Or they are not there at all... You'd figure if they had to get to work early and the girl was responsible for dressing herself and getting off to school she would at least lay out an outfit for her.

To answer your question my child is always dressed for school appropriately, his hair and teeth are brushed too. I believe that looking good instills confidence in children which means they'll have better chances to do well in school.

That poor girl must have been embarrassed.

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I still pick her clothes for her so I know shes dressed right lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN