Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i woke up to white powder everywhere....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
So its just me and my nearly 4 year old dd. I rent a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 level apartment. But dd and I sleep together in her double bed.

Anyways, sometimes dd wakes before me and she doesn't wake me up. Usually this isn't an issue since she just goes to pee and then plays in the living room or beside me in bed really quietly. I'm a hard sleeper, you have to push me to wake me up or a really loud sound wakes me.

So anyways, dd wakes me up and she says she's hungry. I get up, me the bed and get dd dressed. While getting her dressed I noticed that she smelled like baby powder and the bottom of her feet were white. I ask her if she put baby powder on. She says, 'yea mommy. I wanted powder so I did it myself.' I open the bedroom door and I see powder EVEEYWHERE!!! Omg powder foot prints all down the hall, all over the washroom, all down the stairs.... And I'm holding my breath as I have yet to the find the bottle of it...

I tip toe down the stairs and I peek around the corner.... Yup I can see straight through from the living room, past the open bathroom door and kitchen/dinning room... Powder everywhere... And there at the end is the baby powder bottle.

I look at my dd. She says sorry over and over and over.

I don't say a word. I'm speechless.

I'm still cleaning it up... It has been 2 hours! Powder is everywhere and I am sneezing like a mad woman.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Sorry. Since I'm not cleaning it its sounds cute and funny. One day you'll laugh. A long time from now.

Did you take pictures? You need pictures to show her when she has kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Lol I have been cleaning downstairs first all morning, well past 2 hours and still white is everywhere! I'm just concerned cause I have a mama cat rescue that I'm fostering with her babies and I don't want them brething that in :-/

I know it sounds cute and funny. And I am laughing about it now lol. I just never thought she would do this in a million years

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry. Since I'm not cleaning it its sounds cute and funny. One day you'll laugh. A long time from now.

Did you take pictures? You need pictures to show her when she has kids.

NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Sounds like something my ds would do.

I caught him with a sharpie yesterday -_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Be happy its just baby powder, aren't you scared of what could happen while you sleep? If you are such a heavy sleeper, would a fire alarm wake you?

Unless you make the stove and microwave 100% unable to use she could easily set your home on fire, simply because she is hungry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Dont you own a vacuum?
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Poor girl, lol. And to the anon, vacuums don't always work for powder, trust me :)

supergasper
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:37 PM

At least everything will smell nice and babyfresh after you vacuum it up. :)

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Well at least your house smells good.

elkmomma
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM

LOLoh shit!   Poor baby girl, bet she's feeling really bad.  These things happen when we teach our little ones to be self sufficient.   DS did this with Cheerios when he was just 2, but the dogs were really happy with him.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Vacuum
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)