Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

US warships in position...

Posted by   + Show Post
Near Syria, so much for not getting involved *shrugs*
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
mariesmama
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM

are we at war? will there be zombies?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting caito:

Finally, some sanity. Everybody seems to be thinking they're going to die any minute now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I never really say this.....but I'm scared. :/

Nothing is going to happen to the average American citizen. World War 3 is not going to start over one country in the ME.

The only people largely affected will be the Syrian people. 

Yeah, people are getting too hung up on Russia's support for Assad. It's all geopolitical maneuvering, and none of the big powers will benefit from a massive World War, so it's not going to happen. Blame Globalization and the resulting economic changes. No one's going to disrupt trade that massively. 

caito
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I am a little worried about some of my friends and family members though, if it comes to sending more troops over there. All of them are here in the states right now.

TheSilence
by Remember Me on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I wish the damn UN would step the heck in!
.Milfshake.
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM

O.o will there be? that would be interesting :)

Quoting mariesmama:

are we at war? will there be zombies?

Maxi_Maxi
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Which is why I'm hoping some good came from the U.N. meeting, as Russia requested it and they back Syria.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

We don't have Britains support on it anymore, I don't know about France. I don't mind someone intervening in some way, if something crazy happened here like that I assume we as a country would want help from our neighbors, too, but bombs aren't the answer. Russia requested a closed-door U.N. meeting last night, and that's what the U.N. is for basically. Hopefully some answers are given that don't include bombs.

Quoting .Milfshake.:

not yet, he'll be on shortly though. at this point I feel it's a done deal, we're going over.

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

Is Obama on now?

Quoting .Milfshake.:

I'm just now catching up on CNN

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

They've been there for a few days now. The 5th one went in yesterday.

I know a lot of the American news media is spinning a different narrative, but the truth is there is no "good" side in this conflict. On the one hand we have a dictator who gasses his own people, and on the other we have groups with links to Al-Qaeda who execute religious minorities on the side of the road. We should not be getting in bed with any of them.

.Milfshake.
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM
my dh is military so I understand your concern
Quoting caito:

I am a little worried about some of my friends and family members though, if it comes to sending more troops over there. All of them are here in the states right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I didn't even realize people were "scared" about it. But we're not stateside right now and I don't think any of the military here deals much with that region, we're in the Pacific command region.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting caito:

Finally, some sanity. Everybody seems to be thinking they're going to die any minute now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I never really say this.....but I'm scared. :/

Nothing is going to happen to the average American citizen. World War 3 is not going to start over one country in the ME.

The only people largely affected will be the Syrian people. 

Yeah, people are getting too hung up on Russia's support for Assad. It's all geopolitical maneuvering, and none of the big powers will benefit from a massive World War, so it's not going to happen. Blame Globalization and the resulting economic changes. No one's going to disrupt trade that massively. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Fucking right.

Quoting Anonymous:

.Milfshake.
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM

well, even if they step in, the US is going to react and not be deterred by the UN's formal decision, that's what they just finished saiyng *shrugs* so at this point I don't see how it would matter. which is just STUPID on our (US) part 

Quoting TheSilence:

I wish the damn UN would step the heck in!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured