Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

US warships in position...

Posted by   + Show Post
Near Syria, so much for not getting involved *shrugs*
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
imandia4
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
We can't even afford this shit.We haven't even recovered from the last war.
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I was listening to the news this morning and they played a clip of the Parlimentary meetings in England with regard to Syria.  Basically the Prime Minister said "it is clear the people of the U.K. do not want England to intervene, and I hear that, so that's what we're going to do."  Wouldn't it be nice if Obama would do the same here??

TheSilence
by Remember Me on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting .Milfshake.:

well, even if they step in, the US is going to react and not be deterred by the UN's formal decision, that's what they just finished saiyng *shrugs* so at this point I don't see how it would matter. which is just STUPID on our (US) part 

Quoting TheSilence:I wish the damn UN would step the heck in!

I just wish the UN would step in and stop Assad. Using chical weapons against your own people is a violation of the UN rules. They should be the ones sending in troops. The US should be backing the UN not going in on their own.
.Milfshake.
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:44 PM

it would be, but at this point I don't see that happening, I don't understand his mentality. the only Ally, as of right now would be france (and no word on them yet) ...so what exactly is he trying to accompolish see how many countries we can isolate with this situation? IDK, I'm so on the fence about this entire thing. my heart is bleeding for those innocent victims over there but when do we, say enough is enough.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

I was listening to the news this morning and they played a clip of the Parlimentary meetings in England with regard to Syria.  Basically the Prime Minister said "it is clear the people of the U.K. do not want England to intervene, and I hear that, so that's what we're going to do."  Wouldn't it be nice if Obama would do the same here??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:44 PM

For some people that will happen anyways even without a war. 

Quoting caito:

Finally, some sanity. Everybody seems to be thinking they're going to die any minute now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I never really say this.....but I'm scared. :/

Nothing is going to happen to the average American citizen. World War 3 is not going to start over one country in the ME.

The only people largely affected will be the Syrian people. 

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:45 PM
The President will be on in a moment.
KGreen75
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

why, why, why, why, why can't we just worry about what the fuck is happening here in the US...

Look, I feel terribly for anyone who lives under a monstrous dictator but we aren't going to change anything, we will make things worse for those people, we will make things worse for our own country and we will make things worse for other countries.  So tired of the US playing world police.

You know where the US COULD make a fucking difference but we have no interests there?  Africa.  We could go in, kill the rebel groups off, help the people and it would be a fucking cake walk...But we don't care.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM
So glad I'm not AD anymore. OIF,OEF was enough for me. Hope all our guys (women) stay safe. This isn't going to be good.
.Milfshake.
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:47 PM

yep, that's what I'm waiting on. I hope he will give it to us straight and not double-talk not all of us are dumb. 

Quoting scarletmeshell:

The President will be on in a moment.

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting .Milfshake.:

it would be, but at this point I don't see that happening, I don't understand his mentality. the only Ally, as of right now would be france (and no word on them yet) ...so what exactly is he trying to accompolish see how many countries we can isolate with this situation? IDK, I'm so on the fence about this entire thing. my heart is bleeding for those innocent victims over there but when do we, say enough is enough.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

We have no end game--what will we do after we bomb them?  Send them aid?  To who?  We need to stay out of it.  The debt ceiling, which was raised again last year, is about to hit again.  Our economy is dying.  Not to mention the military lives we would jeopardize.  At some point we can no longer be the World's Police, we can barely take care of our own.  It's sad, it truly is, but there are atrocities happening in countries all over the world, every day.  I think people are fed up and getting angrier by the day about this, but it seems like Obama doesn't care about what the PEOPLE want.  He seems to forget who he works for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)