Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a friend who is being done wrong.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
He moved to another state for work. Eventually he moved his girlfriend out with him so they could be together. Now she is 6 months pregnant and last week she went out with her friend and didn't come back home. She eventually came back later the next day after not answering the phone all night and day. Then last night she went back out with the friend and didn't come home and still isn't home.

What can he do as far as getting custody of the baby and sending her back to her home state? She isn't stable and he believes she is cheating. She has a history of drugs as well. He is so torn up over this.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Not a whole lot, until the baby is born, and even then, he has to prove without a doubt that she is incompetent and can not raise a child. So... Unlikely. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

There isn't much he can do until the baby is born. He can take her to court but don't expect him to get custody unless she fails a drug test. It's hard in that kind of situation.

imissmydad51
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Well she hasn't delivered the baby for him to try and get custody. Does he know it is HIS? that is the next question. He needs to petition the court for a instant DNA test when this baby is born regardless of what state she is in. He might just have to send her back regardless of the birth of the baby and then petition for a DNA there where she has the baby. This is so difficult. Seldom do "daddies" care. Good to know there is one man out there that is willing to step up. She sounds like a trainwreck. I hope she isn't using while pregnant with this innocent child. Most hospitals drug test these days anyways, if she is dirty then they take the child. (common knowledge). I wish him much luck. She sounds like a serious problem and very disrespectful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Can't do anything unless he has proof. The child isn't born yet. Does her OB drug test? After the baby is born, in order for him to get full custody, there would have to be an investigation. Which can take a while, he still may never get full custody if she is found to be a stable parent. Just because she cheats on him, doesn't affect how well she can care for a baby.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Well there are plenty other factors in why she isn't able to raise a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can't do anything unless he has proof. The child isn't born yet. Does her OB drug test? After the baby is born, in order for him to get full custody, there would have to be an investigation. Which can take a while, he still may never get full custody if she is found to be a stable parent. Just because she cheats on him, doesn't affect how well she can care for a baby.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Well, if he kicks her out, he would have to relocate her and demand a paternity test and to be added to the birth certificate.   If he's really worried about the baby, maybe he has to work things out with her.   Find out why she is leaving and all.   If she's back on drugs, he's going to have to find ways to really help her with that if possible instead of being her "enemy"... 

If were a guy in that situation, I'd be first of all praying constantly for wisdom and strength to play my part... I'd also be praying for the safety of my baby and for hers, too.   Then, I think I'd be sure to be everything I could be to be the right kind of man and father regardless of mom.   I'd tell her clearly how I felt.   I'd not really let her go places alone, I'd go along with her if she refused to stay at home.   I'd discuss with her reasonable "rules" that we both needed to live by and figure out what she needed from me to get herself turned around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

He has to go through the proper chain in order to get full custody. CPS will have to be called in to investigate. He can file a complaint if he is suspecting drug use now, CPS will drug test her if they have suspicion. If they test her and she is positive for something, then they will take her child from her when it's born. At least that's what they do in my area when someone tests positive for drugs while pregnant. After that, then he can fight for full custody.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well there are plenty other factors in why she isn't able to raise a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Dna test all the way. I can't imagine being pregnant and either cheating or abusing drugs or both. Disgusting
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN