Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes... I realize my daughter is small...ETA pics

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We don't need it pointed out all the time. 

Yes I feed her.  Yes she eats.  In fact, she eats a very healthy diet. 

She is 10 and not yet 60 lbs.  She wears a size 8 and they are big in the waist.  She is EXTREMELY active.  Crazy busy.  Never sits still.  She is a dancer and a runner.  She eats like a grown man.

But please quit acting shocked when you learn she is 10.  She is already self consious about her size.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM

My DD was a tiny young girl. Around 10 she hit puberty and is still small - 5'1" and done. However the girl has boobs, so she looks 17.

Snakecharmer76
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I have the opposite...my daughter is 3 (almost 4) and very tall for her age. She's the height of most 5 or 6 year olds. She wears 5T clothing and I'm going to start buying her girls sizes soon. People point it out all the time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM

She has been asked the same.  The kid eats.  She is just small.  She runs every morning with me.  She dances 4-6 nights a week.  She rides bikes with me for 5-15 miles a week depending on what else is going on.  all things she CHOOSES to do. 

People ask how old she is and when she says 10 they tend to ask if she eats.

Quoting Mish321:

There is nothing wrong with being small. I was always a small child, so are my kids. 

When I was in HS a teachers would ask me if we had food in our house:-)

ProudMommaBear
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I've always been really small, she will hear it for the rest of her life sadly.  I've gotten used to it and just laugh and agree every time someone points it out to me, or points out how tiny my DD is as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I am 27 and have the same problem. My biggest pet peeeve is people commenting and telling me to eat a sandwhich when I can guarantee you that I eat more then most people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM
It's normal and healthy but looks tiny with so many fat kids around today.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that small for a 10 year old? My niece is a little over 60 pounds and 10 and I thought she was average?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My four year old is like that. He's always been in the 90th percentile for his height and 50th percentile for his weight. Everyone comments on how skinny he is and always asks him "Doesn't your mama feed you?" The kid eats all day long!

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I weighed more than that at 10 but I was small, too. My dd is little...she's 17 months and still fits in 12 month clothing. I think she's 27, maybe 28" tall. Her dad is only 5'8 and I'm 4'11 lol so she is destined to be little. People talk about how small she is, too and I'm sure they always will. I still get shit from people about my height.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I have a few like that......Its great especially when buying clothes, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Her doc wants her at 60 lbs.  She hovers around 51-52.  She is 55 inches so she is tall.  But she is scary thin according to most.  She has amazing strength.  She can walk across a room on her hands.  She can knock out push ups with proper form. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's normal and healthy but looks tiny with so many fat kids around today.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that small for a 10 year old? My niece is a little over 60 pounds and 10 and I thought she was average?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)