Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes... I realize my daughter is small...ETA pics

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We don't need it pointed out all the time. 

Yes I feed her.  Yes she eats.  In fact, she eats a very healthy diet. 

She is 10 and not yet 60 lbs.  She wears a size 8 and they are big in the waist.  She is EXTREMELY active.  Crazy busy.  Never sits still.  She is a dancer and a runner.  She eats like a grown man.

But please quit acting shocked when you learn she is 10.  She is already self consious about her size.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Replies (161-169):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Well in that case, people are plain rude. I have a 3 year old who's teeny tiny..trust me...she eats a lot! People haven't really been rude like that but have said "ohh my she is tiny"

Quoting Anonymous:

People ask her if she eats. They ask me if I feed her. They tell her she needs meat on her bones. One old guy bought her a king size candy bar because she "looks hungry". 

Quoting Anonymous:

She looks young. That's why people are shocked to learn her age. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

fatcat0908
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM
My 10 year old is in an 8 slim and just over 50lbs. I know how you feel.

My poor soon to be 9 year old is in a 6 slim and just under 40lbs. Her shoe size is only a 12 toddler. My neighbors kids are bigger than her at 5 and 6. She gets their hand me downs...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Would they rather her be 150 lbs? I dont get people. My dd is 9 and she is 49 lbs and wears a 6-7 and even those are big in the waist..but length is too short so they always look like floods on her.

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I got a shorty too. She is almost 5 and just barely made it into size 4's. The pants I usually have to tailor to fit her.

Mrs.Godfrey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM

my daughter was like that .. she was wearing size 6 at 10... but she is twelve now and has totally blossomed over night...  every kid grows different... some people are just ignorant

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM

am not shock! my daughter is almost 6 and she's the size of a 3 yr old, very tiny ,short....and eats alot and she's thin. she is 30 pounds ( she was born that way) 5 pounds at birth

karmakarma
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM

She looks like any other 10 year old girl I've known......
But I get the feeling. Having a 4 year old smaller than most 1 year olds it tends to happen and be annoying, but you can't help. 

EmilyD83
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:40 PM
My dd is 4 (5 in November) and quite small for her age. She wears a 5t in shirts (long torso) and a 4t in pants. She weighs 37 lbs (woohoo growth spurt, just a couple months ago she weighed 32 lbs). She is also the shortest in her class by at least a head.
My niece, who just turned 5 this month, towers over her and weighs 50 lbs. she wears at least a 6 in pants and xs-s in shirts. She is not overweight at all.
Every kid is SO different!
manda.
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM
She's just petite! She's beautiful btw!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)