Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes... I realize my daughter is small...ETA pics

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We don't need it pointed out all the time. 

Yes I feed her.  Yes she eats.  In fact, she eats a very healthy diet. 

She is 10 and not yet 60 lbs.  She wears a size 8 and they are big in the waist.  She is EXTREMELY active.  Crazy busy.  Never sits still.  She is a dancer and a runner.  She eats like a grown man.

But please quit acting shocked when you learn she is 10.  She is already self consious about her size.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
jjknue
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM

my daughter is 8 and weighs 60lbs she is very lean.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM

My dd is little too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM
My almost 10 year old dd is the same way. Our issue is pants. She has long legs but no waist.
allmy3girls
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM

people always have remarks to make  what a shame!...maybe you can give your daughter these 'boost drinks'  they help both nutritional and weight, she will  pick up the weight  she is active...my 4 yr old weights 20lbs and a size 3  small too but healthy.......dont worry  she will be ok

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM
On my 18th birthday I went to see Toy Story in the theater. I put $5.50 on the counter and the girl gave me $2 change and a child's ticket. You had to be 11 and under for a child ticket. Yeah. I know the feeling. :)
Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I have the opposite, people always say "what are you feeding him, pure steak?" It's annoying. I also get a lot of "he is going to be a line backer isn't he?" I hate it. I can't control how tall and stalky he is. He eats healthy food, and is ALWAYS moving! People should really leave kids alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Don't sweat it... I was 85 lbs when I graduated HS when I was 18. I ate more than my brother and dad combined. 

My oldest dd is adopted from China. She is 46" tall and 42 lbs..the kid is all muscle from almost 4 years of karate and from running with me. My youngest is 5. She is 42" tall and 32 -35 lbs depending on the day. She wears a 2T in skirts and shorts. Talk about tiny! She is soooo hard to buy for since she has to wear uniforms to school and the smallest size made is a 4T. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

drowningmama
by vendetta on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM

My dd is the same exact way --- and huge feet too!

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I hit puberty at 10. I was around 90 lbs, and I imagine it was because I had boobs and all that. I was far from fat though. I stopped growing at about 12 :\ My boobs weren't big though lol b cup.

Quoting balagan_imma:

My DD was a tiny young girl. Around 10 she hit puberty and is still small - 5'1" and done. However the girl has boobs, so she looks 17.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM

lol my youngest is only 5 months (6 mo sept 3rd) and he is still wearing  *some*0-3 mo or 3 mo clothes, he is half the size as all the other babies i have seen his age, poor goose! he loves the excersaucer, but his toes dont touch the ground lol/

i put him in this other jumper thingy and i have to put a couch cushion underneath so his feet can reach lol

he is in the 1st percentile (last check was about 2-3 weeks ago) and very short, but very strong. and because he is so small, he seems to have an easier timme getting around than bigger babies (he is already starting to crawl ~ somewhat)

lol his big brother, who will be 3in nov, wanted to play in a jumper too lol silly boy! ~ we usually put a couch cushion onder baby's feet, as you can see, he cant reach. i took this pic a few days ago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN