Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes... I realize my daughter is small...ETA pics

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We don't need it pointed out all the time. 

Yes I feed her.  Yes she eats.  In fact, she eats a very healthy diet. 

She is 10 and not yet 60 lbs.  She wears a size 8 and they are big in the waist.  She is EXTREMELY active.  Crazy busy.  Never sits still.  She is a dancer and a runner.  She eats like a grown man.

But please quit acting shocked when you learn she is 10.  She is already self consious about her size.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
Mish321
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM

:-) In winter time my father used to tell me that I need to put rocks in my packets, so wind would not blow me away. It was a family joke:-)

Quoting Anonymous:

She has been asked the same.  The kid eats.  She is just small.  She runs every morning with me.  She dances 4-6 nights a week.  She rides bikes with me for 5-15 miles a week depending on what else is going on.  all things she CHOOSES to do. 

People ask how old she is and when she says 10 they tend to ask if she eats.

Quoting Mish321:

There is nothing wrong with being small. I was always a small child, so are my kids. 

When I was in HS a teachers would ask me if we had food in our house:-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Quoting Sassy762:

I have a few like that......Its great especially when buying clothes, lol

Buying clothes for her can be awful. She is so skinny yet long legged.
breezeP8N
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I think I have the other half to your daughters twin lol.. mine will be 4 in oct and is wearing 5 or 6's in some shirts.. Im 5'1" and she comes up to right below my chest already. People look at me like im lying when I say almost 4

Quoting Snakecharmer76:

I have the opposite...my daughter is 3 (almost 4) and very tall for her age. She's the height of most 5 or 6 year olds. She wears 5T clothing and I'm going to start buying her girls sizes soon. People point it out all the time. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Well shit...............I was trying to give you some positive reinforcement and You just shot it to shit, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

I have a few like that......Its great especially when buying clothes, lol

Buying clothes for her can be awful. She is so skinny yet long legged.

2girlsandadream
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I get that with my dd1 all the time. She is 6 and a half and wears a size 4 is is not even 40lbs yet. She's always been small, and extremely active, and also a pretty good eater. Its normal for her but since last year when she started kindergarden she is getting more and more self conscious about it.
Mish321
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM

My 5yo still has shorts that my sister bought him when he was 18m and he still wears them. It drives my sister crazy. I put them on my DS when we visit her, just to piss her off. 

Quoting fullxbusymom:

It is never an insult but you also can't be surprised when people are shocked.  P.S. I have a p'nut too and I would still be shocked if you told me that.  I have an 18mo old still wearing 6-9mo shorts and 9 mo shirts. The 9 mo old I watch is the same size as him.

mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM
All three of my kids are like that. All three of them eat like you wouldn't believe.

My 8 year old daughter is 44 pounds and I really don't see her gaining 16 pounds in two years so I doubt she will even be 60 pounds at 10. She is in a 7/8 and most of her pants need to be taken in unless they are slims and sometimes even then.

My 6 year old son is 36 pounds and has the muscle definition another poster was talking about. He is in a size 4-6 depending on how it is made.

My 2 year old daughter is 21 pounds and could easily wear a size 6 months around the waist. But she is of average height so she needs the length of a 24 months or 2t. She can pull off 18 months shorts and a size 6-9 month and some 12 months are capris on her.
lilcutie79
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My son is small for his age too, he's 13 and he can pass for an 11 year old. It saves us money when we go out lol. He still passes for a childs price on stuff instead of adult prices. We actually found out earlier this year he has Crohns. His only symptom was failure to grow. The inflamation in his intestine wasnt absorbing the protein and nutrients that make you grow. He is now on medication and is actually gaining weight and growing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM

bump

marrionsmommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM
My 6 yr old is 50 pounds wears a size 8 or boys medium, his friend is 7 almost 8 weighs 43 pounds and wears barely a 5/6 a boys xsmall. Kids come in all sizes. People give us the opposite reaction, ds is strong for his age and can easily lift a 50 pound dummy at wrestling practice. People are often shocked when I tell them he is 6, and say he looks and wrestles more like an 9 yr old. His friend looks more like a 5 year old but can easily hold his own with my son and beats him just as much as my son beatsnhim. Often people under estimate my sons friend because of his size, I have seen kids parents see both my son and his friend in the match ups and tell their kids that my son is the one to watch out for and that his friend will be easy. Its awesome to see this tiny kid beat their kids they looked shocked lol. I almost would prefer them to underestimate than to over estimate age as they do to my son. If my son cries about something (fell down etc.) people look at me like a 3rd grader should not be crying over a boo boo, I find myself repeating he is only 6 over and over. Its tough on both ends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)