Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes... I realize my daughter is small...ETA pics

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We don't need it pointed out all the time. 

Yes I feed her.  Yes she eats.  In fact, she eats a very healthy diet. 

She is 10 and not yet 60 lbs.  She wears a size 8 and they are big in the waist.  She is EXTREMELY active.  Crazy busy.  Never sits still.  She is a dancer and a runner.  She eats like a grown man.

But please quit acting shocked when you learn she is 10.  She is already self consious about her size.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Replies (41-50):
snakesNsnails
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM

She's tiny but she is adorable!! I have a 12 yo boy who is small for his age..about 80 lbs. He eats like crazy but is also very active!!  Don't worry what people think!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:28 PM

My friends six year old is taller and outweighs my dd.  He isn't fat...but he is just freaking tall.  People always think he is her older brother when we are together.

Quoting marrionsmommy:

My 6 yr old is 50 pounds wears a size 8 or boys medium, his friend is 7 almost 8 weighs 43 pounds and wears barely a 5/6 a boys xsmall. Kids come in all sizes. People give us the opposite reaction, ds is strong for his age and can easily lift a 50 pound dummy at wrestling practice. People are often shocked when I tell them he is 6, and say he looks and wrestles more like an 9 yr old. His friend looks more like a 5 year old but can easily hold his own with my son and beats him just as much as my son beatsnhim. Often people under estimate my sons friend because of his size, I have seen kids parents see both my son and his friend in the match ups and tell their kids that my son is the one to watch out for and that his friend will be easy. Its awesome to see this tiny kid beat their kids they looked shocked lol. I almost would prefer them to underestimate than to over estimate age as they do to my son. If my son cries about something (fell down etc.) people look at me like a 3rd grader should not be crying over a boo boo, I find myself repeating he is only 6 over and over. Its tough on both ends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Thanks.  She has actually grown a little taller since those pics...but not gained even an ounce.

Quoting snakesNsnails:

She's tiny but she is adorable!! I have a 12 yo boy who is small for his age..about 80 lbs. He eats like crazy but is also very active!!  Don't worry what people think!

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM
My daughter is small too. People need to mind their own damn business! Btw your daughter is beautiful :)
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM

My cousin is like that. She's going into the fourth grade, and is the same size as my first grader.

marrionsmommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

My friends six year old is taller and outweighs my dd.  He isn't fat...but he is just freaking tall.  People always think he is her older brother when we are together.

Quoting marrionsmommy:My 6 yr old is 50 pounds wears a size 8 or boys medium, his friend is 7 almost 8 weighs 43 pounds and wears barely a 5/6 a boys xsmall. Kids come in all sizes. People give us the opposite reaction, ds is strong for his age and can easily lift a 50 pound dummy at wrestling practice. People are often shocked when I tell them he is 6, and say he looks and wrestles more like an 9 yr old. His friend looks more like a 5 year old but can easily hold his own with my son and beats him just as much as my son beatsnhim. Often people under estimate my sons friend because of his size, I have seen kids parents see both my son and his friend in the match ups and tell their kids that my son is the one to watch out for and that his friend will be easy. Its awesome to see this tiny kid beat their kids they looked shocked lol. I almost would prefer them to underestimate than to over estimate age as they do to my son. If my son cries about something (fell down etc.) people look at me like a 3rd grader should not be crying over a boo boo, I find myself repeating he is only 6 over and over. Its tough on both ends.

My son is this way he is very muscular not an ounce of fat on him, I can see his abs and all his back muscles, I can even count his ribs when he flexes. He has clearly definied arm muscles, and can do 20 pullups vs all his friends who can do maybe 3 . Funny though he isnt exceptionally tall lol, he is just more solidly built and has a longer torso than most kids. When you stand him and an average 6 yr old next to each he may only be slightly taller but just looks overall older. Crazy he looks huge next to me but im only,5'1 lol.

she_walk_softly
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Didn't you put these pics up over a year ago? but she looks fine.

snakesNsnails
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM

If you look at my avatar pic..my 12 yo is the blond on the left and my 7 yo son is sitting next to him w the buzz cut. They arent a whole lot different in size..my 7 yo is growing like a weed!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks.  She has actually grown a little taller since those pics...but not gained even an ounce.

Quoting snakesNsnails:

she_walk_softly
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Oh nevermind busted for not reading replys.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting snakesNsnails:

marrionsmommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Quoting marrionsmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marrionsmommy:My 6 yr old is 50 pounds wears a size 8 or boys medium, his friend is 7 almost 8 weighs 43 pounds and wears barely a 5/6 a boys xsmall. Kids come in all sizes. People give us the opposite reaction, ds is strong for his age and can easily lift a 50 pound dummy at wrestling practice. People are often shocked when I tell them he is 6, and say he looks and wrestles more like an 9 yr old. His friend looks more like a 5 year old but can easily hold his own with my son and beats him just as much as my son beatsnhim. Often people under estimate my sons friend because of his size, I have seen kids parents see both my son and his friend in the match ups and tell their kids that my son is the one to watch out for and that his friend will be easy. Its awesome to see this tiny kid beat their kids they looked shocked lol. I almost would prefer them to underestimate than to over estimate age as they do to my son. If my son cries about something (fell down etc.) people look at me like a 3rd grader should not be crying over a boo boo, I find myself repeating he is only 6 over and over. Its tough on both ends.

My son is this way he is very muscular not an ounce of fat on him, I can see his abs and all his back muscles, I can even count his ribs when he flexes. He has clearly definied arm muscles, and can do 20 pullups vs all his friends who can do maybe 3 . Funny though he isnt exceptionally tall lol, he is just more solidly built and has a longer torso than most kids. When you stand him and an average 6 yr old next to each he may only be slightly taller but just looks overall older. Crazy he looks huge next to me but im only,5'1 lol.

oh yeah my son being bigger sucks for his wrestling, his friend always gets matched up with 4/5 yrolds since they go by weight, and my son get matched with 8 and 9 year olds lol. I have had to go up and say no he is still only 6. They are supposed to match by weight AND age. Its like pulling teeth to prove he is 6 sometimes, especially since ds likes to tell everyone hes in 2nd or 3rd grade (he is homeschooled and tech in 1st grade but does work from 2nd and 3rdmgrade books lol) so now I carry his birth certificate lmao.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN