Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make the kids change clothes after school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

This is what my mil expects me to do.  I told her, several times that we had already bought the kids new clothes, I told her that the kids did not need any new clothes and that they already had to many outfits.  So what does she do?  She goes out and buys the kids clothes.. okay fine, I do appreciate it, and I know she loves to spoil them.  She was conservative about it and they only came home with 4 new outfits each.  Now, because I know my MIL well enough, I encouraged the kids to pick out her outfits for the first week of school.  And they did.. great, no problem, the outfits the kids and I put together can be worn next week. 

Well yesterday my MIL informs me that she wants the kids to take off their new clothes once the get home from school so they don't get ruined.  Oh, no problem MIL.. I have no issues with washing double the laundry.  Not at all.  Not one fucking problem. 

I really want to take her new clothes and hid them in the back of the closet so I don't have to deal with all the damn stipulations that come along with them.  They cannot ware them after school, they cannot wear them on the weekends, and I "need"  wash them the way she wants them to be washed (because apparently i don't do laundry the "correct way").

And what am i supposed to do, I usually pick the kids up after school to run errands, am I supposed to load up extra clothes, ahve them spend 10 min changing in the school bathrooms?  Most nights we go straight from school to do things and do not get home till dinner time.  Does she really think I'm going to drive all the way back home, make all the kids change?   

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM

How the fuck is she going to know what you're doing in your own house? Damn. You should be glad someone buys your kids stuff and quit whining some old lady told you something when she's not going to know any better anyways. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell her if the clothing she buys for your children come with rule you will either be returning them or giving them away.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:09 PM

How does she know how you wash them? or if the kids change after school? Unless you live with her, don't worry about it.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM

no because mine is picky what she will wear... She hasnt got enough clothes to change into

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Quoting littlesippycup:

How the fuck is she going to know what you're doing in your own house? Damn. You should be glad someone buys your kids stuff and quit whining some old lady told you something when she's not going to know any better anyways. 

Its hard to be grateful when every gift comes with her own stipulations and her own rules.  And she asks the kids.  So far she has called every day and asked the kids if they changed their clothes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Quoting DanaG70:

How does she know how you wash them? or if the kids change after school? Unless you live with her, don't worry about it.

She has been over several times when I wash laundry and she gripes and moans about how I do it.  She gave me a lecture about washing the clothes that she buys the kids the right way because the way I do it is wrong and she doesn't want the clothes that she buys them to be ruined. 

And she has called and checked each day.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Oh well, in that case, I'm sorry for jumping on you =/ She is a creeper. Let them only wear one of her outfits a week =)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting littlesippycup:

Its hard to be grateful when every gift comes with her own stipulations and her own rules.  And she asks the kids.  So far she has called every day and asked the kids if they changed their clothes. 

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM

That is so far beyond ridiculous. I would just say "Thanks for the clothes, but I don't want them if they come with conditions" and give the clothes back to her. If she wants to dictate how and when they're worn, it's not worth it.

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I wouldn't accept anything else from her if it comes with stipulations. If she offers again, tell her that you are grateful, but you're declining.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM
My kids have school clothes and play clothes! We change everyday when we get home unless we are going out somewhere else that day. We live in Georgia and the red mud that my kids can not stay out of is everywhere!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured