Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm broke,please help me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
Figure out how to.catch up on my bills.I need money saving ideas,tips,advice.My dh works full time I work part-time.I have a interview on Tuesday for a job that offers more hours.We live very basic as it is so I'm not sure what I could cut out.We have no cable,internet,we do have 2 prepaid cell phones(70) a month.We make one carpayment the other is paid off.Our biggest expense is food and houehold supplies around 1100.amonth.We try so hard to catch and get ahead but it never works.I'm at my witts end,I hate NEVER having money.I hate being stressed , out about bills all the time.I know some will bash me for this but,we are hard working and just hit a rough patch it just seems never ending.I really just needed to vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NotTheirMom99
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Do you drink or smoke? A lot of people waste a lot of money on those two things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Quoting NotTheirMom99:

Do you drink or smoke? A lot of people waste a lot of money on those two things.

I.don't smoke,I drink like twice a yr
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM
All expenses, including gas, food, bills etc are included in that $1,100 figure? How much do you make per month?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Quoting mes_deux_amours:

All expenses, including gas, food, bills etc are included in that $1,100 figure? How much do you make per month?

No 1100 is just food and household needs cleaners,soaps,etc.

We bring home about 3200 a month
mistknidentity
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM
How many people are you feeding?
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Find ways to cut down on your food bill.

FAH_Q
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1100 for food and household items? What if you buy generic products and hit up farmer market for veggies and fruit?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Quoting mistknidentity:

team_porculoon
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Make more stuff from scratch, make lists and don t' veer off of, buy in bulk where you can, coupon, shop circulars...

mistknidentity
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM
I feed our family of 7 on about $750 a month. We utilize Costco for a lot of things especially household items. Do you have a system you use for meal planning? I know it's expensive to feed so many but maybe you could cut back on grocery expenses. Chicken breasts at Costco are half the price of regular markets I swear.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mistknidentity:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured