Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think she is doing with the fs?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

Im 17 and my daughter is 11months old i live with my mom till i turn 18. She gets fs for me my daughter herself and my older brother. 500$ a month. I asked her for the card so i can go to the store. She said no she only has 50$ on it. In two weeks she spent 450$. There is snacks in the house they have been there all summer unopened because i dont eat snacks and my brother was away. There is alot of food in the house that she has bought a little at a time like over several months. Now she tells me she cant feed everyone on 500 a month Because ground meat is 4$ a pound then you add the 1.39$ for rice a roni and then add another 2$ for veggies? Yes ground meat is expensive but we have it maybe 2 times a month.I told her veggies are about 80 cents or less a can. Her answer was well back then you could get 4 cans for a dollar. She has gone to the store once in the last two weeks and came home with 6 bags of food. I know they are hers so she can do whatever with but part of it is mine and my daughters. Yes i work and yes i help with bills. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:55 PM

BUMP!

MissLoveLyfe
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM

How does she get fs for someone 18 or over?

ambitious_MOM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM
If she's not doing right and you or most importantly your daughter is hungry report her ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM

She can till my older brother is 22. 

Quoting MissLoveLyfe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM

First of all, it says that she's still 17. Second of all, as long as she and her child are in the mothers' house the  mother can claim them on her FS application. FS are determined by the number of people in the household and income.

Quoting MissLoveLyfe:

the_dude
by abides on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM

selling em

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Haven't you posted this before??

How long until you turn 18?? You may want to contact the Department of Human Services and explain the situation.  See if you are able to be removed from your mom's case and get on your own with your daughter??  Explain that she isn't providing the food needed with what she is getting.  Do you get WIC??

Sounds like your mom may be selling the stamps for cash..... something is fishy....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I'm sorry, I can't imagine why she wouldn't let you go buy some food with it.

missmamaof4
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM

that sucks! Is she on drugs or anything? is she selling them?

plumbobtoggle
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this

So go sign up for foods stamps in your name for you and your daughter. That way you have control over that portion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN