Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fun and Somewhat Scary Facts 16

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm back, for a bit :)

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Replies (291-296):
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Thank you, I took it down.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is false. 

http://www.snopes.com/college/halls/sinking.asp

Quoting wulfeyes05:

emsmom21
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Pg 19
donnag013
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:06 PM

My sister has one for epilepsy as well

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

Oh ok. I have a friend who's daughter has epliepsy and their dog started reacting so they had her trained as a service dog for her.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I have epilepsy. He's an alert dog.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

What do you have a service dog for, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I can attest to this. When I put my dog's vest on he is serious and focused. As soon as I take it off he is back to being a regular dog.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:11 PM

It is amazing. You can't train that. You can train them how to react and alert but sensing the seizures is pure instinct. Also, not every dog will react to ever person.

Quoting donnag013:

My sister has one for epilepsy as well

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

Oh ok. I have a friend who's daughter has epliepsy and their dog started reacting so they had her trained as a service dog for her.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I have epilepsy. He's an alert dog.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

What do you have a service dog for, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I can attest to this. When I put my dog's vest on he is serious and focused. As soon as I take it off he is back to being a regular dog.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM
The grandson sent writing samples to the f.b.i and they compared them with samples of jack the rippers notes. They came out as a 98% match. Of course a lot of people dont believe jack the ripper actually wrote those notes.

Quoting colins_mom:

ah, ok. looks like the history channel needs better research! that is really interesting tho

Quoting Anonymous:

I decided to do some reading about this and apparently his great grandson has been discredited about his claims because he reportedly says he has been in contact with the ghost of H.H. Holmes. I guess the time line his great grandson laid out didn't line up with court documents and his hanging, so who really knows. It's not likely H.H.Holmes was ever in London or outside of North America. Quoting colins_mom:

his great grandson wrote a book about him and apparently there was an American doctor in London selling skeletons to the medical school there around that time, he theorizes that was him as the women were dissected in a similar manner as to what happened to the women here. he fully believes that he was jack the ripper, but it is total speculation.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're correct, that's why these posts are senseless because they're continuously riddled with misinformation. 

He built the structure and the ground floor and first floor were where his business and office was. Though on the second floor there were mazes and vault he kept people in, on the third floor was his maze of torture and sound proof rooms. He'd shoot the bodies from the third floor to the basement which was his "lab" and he'd dissect the bodies and sell the skeleton and organs to medical schools. 

The man, in my opinion was the worst of the worst in modern day serial killers. Also, IDK what the other poster was saying about him possibly being Jack The Ripper, he was a born American and only ever went into Canada. Weird.

Quoting colins_mom:

he didnt renovate it, he built it. he hired a different crew for each floor. the basement where he tortured people, the main floor which was store front and the second floor was for (I can't remember) and the third floor was a hotel/apartments that had special shoots that he would send people to the basement.

I watched a documentary on the history channel about him.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)