Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Since we are all supposedly adults here...

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 150 Replies
14 moms liked this

"U" is a letter. "You" is a word

"Y" is a letter. "Why" is a word.

"2" is a number. "To" is a word.

Then - Indicates "at that time" or something that happens afterwards. For example, "I need to go to the store then to the bank." "I was just a kid then."

Than - is used when introducing a second element for comparison or to mean "instead of". For example, "Becky is older than Alice." "I would rather have pizza than spaghetti."

Your - Shows possession. For example "Tie your shoes." "Do your homework."

You're - Contraction for "you are". For example "You're getting on my nerves." "You're an idiot."

There - Used to indicate a place or position. For example "Go stand over there." "My sister went there for summer vacation."

Their - Used to show possession. For example "Their dog is brown." "Their daughter is my daughter's friend."

They're - Contraction of "They are". For example. "They're moving in January." "They're never going to believe you."

To - indicates motion or direction. For example "We are going to the store." "We went to high school together."

Too - Used in place of "also" or used to indicate to what extent. For example, "I want a cookie too!" "You are too young to go by yourself."

Two - Is used to indicate a number more than one but less than three. For example. "I have two dogs." "I woke up two hours ago."

And you see this little thing right here? ----> .  This is called a period. No, it is not your monthly visitor. It is a key piece of punctuation that is supposed to go at the end of your sentence to indicate that the thought you wanted to express is over before you start a new one. Without this simple little dot, your sentence runs together and it makes no sense or it takes on a completely different meaning. For example, "I am going to watch my favorite TV show I have to be at work at three." This makes it sound like your favorite TV show is called "I have to be at work at three". "I am going to watch my favorite TV show. I have to be at work at three." makes it clear that you will be watching television and you clearly have a job, not a lame favorite TV show.

Subject verb agreement is key. "They is" not going anywhere. "They are" going somewhere. "I are" and "I is" not going to get anywhere. "I am" going places.

The first letter of every sentence is supposed to be capitalized, as is the first letter of a name or any proper noun, such as the name of a country, state, city, ocean, river, or lake. For example, Sophie, Canada, Atlanta, Atlantic Ocean, Mississippi River, Jackson Lake. Titles of books, songs, movies, and television shows are capitalized. For example, "The Hunger Games", "Where The Black Top Ends", "Rent", and "Charmed".

"eet dosnt madder hw gud ur point iz if u rite leik dis know 1 iz goin 2 tak u siriulee"

Also, there is a magical button at the very top of the reply box labeled "Check Spelling". If you give it a push, it will tell you which words are misspelled so that you don't come off like an idiot when you post your comment.

If you cannot read the entire post, do not comment. Do not read the first few lines and make up your mind about what they should do or decide that they are wrong when you do not know what happened.

Not everyone raises their children the same way you do. It does not mean that you are wrong and it does not mean that they are wrong. Try to be supportive and tolerant.

Don't call troll on people who need support and help. Just because you have not experienced what they have doesn't mean they are lying and nothing feels worse than needing help and advice and having someone call you a liar.

An occasional typo is one thing because we are human and we make mistakes but some people on Cafe Mom do not sound like they finished kindergarten. We are all adults. We all went to school. We should act like it.

Thank you and have a nice day!

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't wanna!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
*yawn*
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Bump

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:23 AM
3 moms liked this

It's too late for all that shit. Try again in the morning. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:23 AM
2 moms liked this

meow

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:24 AM
5 moms liked this

I always consider the correction of grammar to be childish unless being corrected by a child's teacher. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I love how you took the time to write all that but I will continue to post your when it is you are and there when it their and whatever else you preached on

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

post 9974 about grammar and spelling.  

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

They're never going to get it.......

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting thetrollcat:

meow

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)