Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's more important, having internet or in 90 plus degree heat having the AC on?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Someone I know claims to not have the money to run the AC in this extreme hot weather. Yet make the internet a priority to play facebook games so their man can do it to on the games. Having a young child is a good enough reason to put AC first in place of the internet or even the cable bill. I just don't understand it. I had to go a year without AC because ours died , it took a long time to afford another. But I always sent my child to a relatives in the hot weather so my kid would not end up possibly sick. I picked up several shifts to help my husband make sure we would get it fixed for this year. grant it they do not work. But the way I see it if you can pay to keep the tv on and the internet one of those two should be sacrificed for your health and your child's. TV and internet is the least important thing.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OhSara87
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM
AC would be my answer
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I never bought an AC this year. I kept saying I was going to get one and then the 2nd week of August cooled down tremendously and I'm sure we won't need it another year. Maybe next year.

freemane
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Depends on how sensitive you are to the heat. I haven't had ac for a couple decades now. Of course it rarely gets hotter then mid-nineties here...
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM
AC
kailu1835
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM
AC. Last year my baby overheated and got very sick because our AC broke down on a very hot day. I ended up filling the tub with cold water and putting him in it. Then sat in the car with the AC running so he could get some peaceful sleep. Then found a friend who was home and had working AC and stayed at her house until my husband came home with the new AC. If it was a money thing, I'd do what was necessary to make sure my house was a decent temperature.
askyourmother
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I have only ran the AC one week this entire summer and my electric bill was the same the last three months.

wanderingmuse
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Our house was built in the 1800's. There is no AC, but there is Internet. We all survive. My 72 yr old neighbor survives without either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Ac is my answer. I dont mind the bill because it is never a surprise. I have budget billing on both elec and gas, so its always the same amount each month.
fkh8ah
by Felicia on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I don't have internet, no reason too. I just use my phone as a hotspot when I do use my computer. So id say AC.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I hate AC. My family does not. So my answer would depend on how badly they revolted. 

Photo: -Randi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)